Search the forum,

Discuss Macerator Building Regs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ambert

Hi All,

I've been asked to quote for installing an en-suite. The proposed location for the new WC makes it nigh on impossible to connect to the soil pipe. So it's a macerator to get the waste away. My question is, do Building Regs need notifying for this installation? I know they do if I was to connect to soil pipe in the regular way, but not sure about it with macerator, I couldn't find it on the planning Portal.

Any advice would be much appreciated thanks.

Rob

Hi Rob, take a look at saniflo - installations (sorry can`t add the link) the info you want is there regarding electrics part P, building control and some other building info that means nothing to me as I only repair / service the little buggers but hopefully will be what your looking for.
PS Make sure your on the UK page

If it is a new en-suite then it is a change of use and will have to be building regs for the lot regardless of the type of connection.

as erpkid said if there wasn't a bathroom/en suite before then its notifiable.

as erpkid said if there wasn't a bathroom/en suite before then its notifiable.
Thanks for that guys. It's a new en-suite,she partitioning off part of her bedroom to give upstairs loo basin and shower. The property has a downstairs bathroom at the mo.

Whose responsibility is it to notify, mine or the customer?

The customer is the one liable if they can't sell later but they usually expect the contractor to do it. Have a word with building control, it is a simple form as you should be able to do it on a building notice as long as the building isn't listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Macerator Building Regs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock