• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

Discuss M-Press fittings experience in the Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Russ333

Looking at replacing a stainless steel welded 90 metre water system in press fit. Its going to cost about £18k in Mapress but I have seen M-Press are alot cheaper on their fittings. Has anyone got any experience with M-press 89mm fittings. Just wondering if they are cheap for a reason.

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Solutions
I would stick to geberit

Russ333

Why do you say that when most MPress fittings made in the Geberit factory in China
I decided on M-press in the end and have a 90m run in 88.9 stainless and 100m return in 22mm and it's been ok so far. Fittings and pipe are good quality but the support is non existent.
Just about to start a big project involving hundreds of metres of 66.7mm and alot of flanges and tees. We went with M-press again but due to stock shortages we have started using DH stainless who supply GD Press and they seem to keep alot more of the bigger stuff in stock and their support seems to be better at the moment. Probably try them in the next project. I know it's a dream to install compared to threading galv pipe.

Reply to M-Press fittings experience in the Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net