Search the forum,

Discuss Lukewarm water upstairs in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I am getting hot water in the kitchen when I turn the kitchen tap on. However the hot water in the upstairs bathroom for both bath and sink is only coming luke warm. I have an old Worcester combi boiler and the boiler ignites when I turn either of the upstairs hot taps on.

The bath hot water warms up to the required temp when the sink cold water is on and vice versa, does this indicate water crossover. I had a mixer tap installed in the bath a few months ago and the hot water was working fine until recently.

Also is there any reason why the kitchen sink water takes a while to heat up, I.e. I have to blast it to ignite the boiler and then it takes around 30 seconds for hot water.

Thanks in advance

It could be the mixer tap that’s causing the issue. If it’s working when opening the cold, then it’s just that the hot water flow is reduced and it can heat the water better. It could be a few things, but you could start with the mixer.

Reply to Lukewarm water upstairs in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock