Search the forum,

Discuss lukewarm water in shower and bath issue? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

W

woody56

Hi,

I have valiant combi boiler I'm getting hot water from my kitchen tap and hot water from my bathroom sink tap however lukewarm water from the shower and bath. The only difference with the bath and shower supply is that the pipes are run upwards into the ceiling of the bathroom and down to where they are needed. I can manage to get some hot water from the bath if I turn the hot water tap right down so the flow is greatly reduced. Any advice on what could be the issue. The only other difference between the shower/bath supply pipes and the kitchen/bathroom sink pipes is that they have full bore isolation valves not sure if this is relevant.

Is this a newly built property?
If it's anew build, since 2010, there will be a thermostat valve under the bath, behind the side panel, that limits the hot warter. You need to take of the side panel and adjust to max. Screwdriver and 2 spanners required. Plenty Google instruction on how to adjust.

Reply to lukewarm water in shower and bath issue? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the whole house is working as normal. Hot water is working as normal on the ground floor. However, there is no hot water to the first floor bathroom. This...
Replies
Views
PLUMBING ADVICE NEEDED Combi boiler in our house, downstairs water seems to be piping hot. Upstairs basin, bath and shower only ever seems to be lukewarm - so much so that no one even wants to bath as it never gets hot enough! Open to suggestions as to what it might be and if anyone can...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, thanks for adding me. My Veissmann v50 combi gas boiler has recently started to supply only lukewarm water to the bathroom above it. This is about 3 metres away, so quite a short pipe run. It supplies hot water fine to the kitchen taps, which are about 1 metre away. It also supplies very...
Replies
Views
I have a Combi boiler and, a few minutes ago I turned on the hot tap in the kitchen and the water was far from hot. In fact, it was decidedly lukewarm. I checked the boiler and the tap icon was lit up, showing it was delivering hot water to the taps and I could hear the boiler running and the...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment with a cold water tank. The cold water tank feeds the cold water tap in the sink and the bath. Recently, I refurbished my bathroom, and according to the plumber who fitted the new taps, high-pressure taps were fitted. Consequently, the water from taps is of a low volume...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock