Search the forum,

Discuss Lukewarm water being produced by boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dan7146

Hi, im looking for some advice in relation to my boiler!! Weve been in our current home for 5 years. The house had a brand new boiler fitted and wd have never had any issues until recently. A few weeks ago we noticed the temp of our baths was getting cooler, to the point where the majority of baths are lukewarm. Every now and then however we do get a decent bath! We have no issues with the CH as this seems to br working fibe and the boiler is firing up but the temp gauge rarely gets above 60c!! The pressure gauge below that seems to sit between 0 and 1 if that makes sense!! Has anybody any ideas and if so will it be expensive to fix??

Thanks in advance. Dan

when the water is lukewarm, is this with the heating on ? and does the boiler fire up with the heating off and calling for hot water ?

try running the hot tap with the heating off and check if the boiler has fired up or is just staying at the pilot light.

i had this problem last week and it was my domestic hot water diaphragm, was simple enough to fix and the part was cheap.
my pressure kept dropping also because there was a small hole in the diaphragm.

Get a Heating Engineer out to service the Boiler.

Shorticus thanks for the reply. Its a Biasi m96.24sm/c boiler!! Is that right?

Quigley, thanks for the reply also! The boiler fires up no problem when calling for hot water and the hot water downstairs tends to be fine. Our heating has been on pretty much consistently of late!!

Cheers!

Is the hot water out of basin,shower and kitchen sink ok,if so could just be the flow rate through the bath tap to high in relation to the very cold water coming into the property,try turning tap down slightly

The water everywhere else does seem fine!! How do u mean adjust the flow rate?? Thanks again!!

don't open the tap full, just open it slightly gives the water more of a chance to be heated. my bath is the same I don't get a good flow rate off my boiler.

Quigley, thanks a lot! Thats seems to do the trick! I will b getting the boiler serviced in the new year though because it didnt used to do that! Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Lukewarm water being produced by boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

PLUMBING ADVICE NEEDED Combi boiler in our house, downstairs water seems to be piping hot. Upstairs basin, bath and shower only ever seems to be lukewarm - so much so that no one even wants to bath as it never gets hot enough! Open to suggestions as to what it might be and if anyone can...
Replies
Views
I have a 2 pump hot water tank (Flomax 180L fitted in '94) in airing cupboard system with an Ideal classic boiler (downstairs next to an external wall) which for the most part seems to provide excellent hot water. The central heating also works fine - though sometimes I think the radiuators...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
B
Issue with boiler short cycling in system with hot water tank. We have an ideal heating logic heat2 h15 boiler which feeds a hot water tank upstairs in the house. We have an issue where if the boiler isn’t set to 80c then the boiler will short cycle, the hot water tank thermostat is set at...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are about to upgrade the upstairs bathroom and are considering installing a shower bath. My concern is that although there is more than sufficient...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock