Search the forum,

Discuss LPG Training by Logic in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

So I have just returned from training at Worcester HQ, doing the LPG training and assessment, now its not Worcesters fault but when I was answering the questions I couldn't find the answers in the book anywhere, I am very methodical in looking in the index, going to correct sections and tracking down the answers but I found myself looking in the section to find the sections and then reading the whole section just to not find the answer, over and over and over again.
In the last 12 months I have done OFTEC, ACS renewal and unvented so cant believe it would be me, but curious if anybody else has found it extremely difficult to find the answers in the logic LPG book.

There were a few others complaining at the same issue, but obviously didn't want to risk losing the time/money to complain.

I left as I found myself just reading the questions and guessing the answers which to me is not the best way to go about it and my morals could not justify this, especially when it puts peoples lives at risk.
Its just a shame my morals have cost me £700!

what was the question?

was going to try and help you

nope never always found them / or a question further on includes the answer for the first one or a decent hint

was going to try and help you

nope never always found them / or a question further on includes the answer for the first one or a decent hint
same here, usually you get a few that as soon as you get to the correct place are easily findable, a few that you have to look in several different places and a few that are just easy, but with this one it was over and over again that I was looking in the right place, find the answer but the answer I found wasn't even an option. one of the answers was 8-12 and in the book it said 7-13, it is definitely the worst test I have ever taken and have escalated this with logic. TBH this feels like an uphill battle as everyone seems to expect the same as you have, that it is my fault but having done 4 sets of exams this year, I am very well experienced with this and the answers just weren't there!

An example I can give you is that it asked for us to identify an item on a picture, I searched the whole book for a table of symbols or a diagram that was similar and there just wasn't one! So I assume that the only way to identify it would be to assume what it could be based on its position in the pipework, if that makes sense.

if its something like that have a look in the first stage and second stage reg section normally a decent pipe drawing

if its something like that have a look in the first stage and second stage reg section normally a decent pipe drawing
I did! still not there!,
I looked in pipework, controls, regulations, front and back section and then I turned one page at a time, looking for a symbol, still not there! I can not stress how much I looked for each answer, over and over and over and over again but came up with nothing, time and time again.

My local made up there own info packs as they said they couldn't find a decent one for lpg. For natural gas they just used viper. We also got given bs books and all sorts so everything was there it just took a bit of searching at times. Also it wasnt always in the section that you thought it would be in.

Did you get training before hand? I would be asking for my money back if they didnt give you everything you needed to do the course. I would also make a written complaint to them about it.

My local made up there own info packs as they said they couldn't find a decent one for lpg. For natural gas they just used viper. We also got given bs books and all sorts so everything was there it just took a bit of searching at times. Also it wasnt always in the section that you thought it would be in.

Did you get training before hand? I would be asking for my money back if they didnt give you everything you needed to do the course. I would also make a written complaint to them about it.
The training was only 1 day, so not really long enough in my opinion. I already have acs so just the changeover but still need more time in my opinion.
I have complained, waiting for response. We had the bs sheets but would of had to look through the sheets for every question, the manual was rubbish.

Reply to LPG Training by Logic in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock