Search the forum,

Discuss LPG to nat gas conversion on 2003 Falcon range cooker in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a Falcon 90 range cooker set up for LPG and need to convert to Nat Gas. I have rung numerous suppliers of parts who tell me the cooker is too old and parts obsolete. I am convinced there will someone out there that will have a tool box with replaced nozzles whist doing a conversion to LPG.
my questions are;
1. Is anyone able to do the conversion for me.
2. Does anyone have the nozzles and regulator that they are willing to sell.

I have attached photos of cooker and model details
Andy Tom

Attachments

• ECCBF776-CA6C-4E92-BCB6-656ED2B85A1E.jpeg
    ECCBF776-CA6C-4E92-BCB6-656ED2B85A1E.jpeg
    86.3 KB · Views: 10
  • C91A515F-886E-442D-9E72-5902DA38B215.jpeg
    C91A515F-886E-442D-9E72-5902DA38B215.jpeg
    122 KB · Views: 9
The gas type (LPG to NG) conversion kits for Falcon / Range master appliances going back to the mid 90’s are available from AGA.

Thanks for your reply Gasmk1
do you know if the nozzle thread sizes are same, as I can’t understand why these parts from Falcon are obsolete and literally not available from any on line spares supplier when you give them the cooker serial number.

The part numbers for all products in the Aga group are no longer the same as when the product ( Aga, Rangemaster, Falcon, Rayburn (Aga’s with back boilers) et al ) were originally manufactured - They ( part numbers) were all changed to make them unique to each specific model around 2016, after Middleby purchased AGA Rangemaster. As a consequence (over time) all interchangeability of parts is being lost and there is now a reducing supply of original parts that are not solely supplied by AGA.

You will find very little technical information (From the Original Equipment Manufacturer) on line for products manufactured before 2013/14.

If I was a cynic, I was say this was to limit the repair and servicing capability of non AGA Engineers!

If you call the Leamington Spa Engineering Centre they will give you a price to reconvert the range to NG. Your range is currently shown on their system as “fully supported”. I doubt that they would sell you the parts direct unless you are Gas Safe Registered and in an area of the the UK that they currently don’t provide service capability.

Last edited:
The part numbers for all products in the Aga group are no longer the same as when the product ( Aga, Rangemaster, Falcon, Rayburn (Aga’s with back boilers) et al ) were originally manufactured - They ( part numbers) were all changed to make them unique to each specific model around 2016, after Middleby purchased AGA Rangemaster. As a consequence (over time) all interchangeability of parts is being lost and there is now a reducing supply of original parts that are not solely supplied by AGA.

You will find very little technical information (From the Original Equipment Manufacturer) on line for products manufactured before 2013/14.

If I was a cynic, I was say this was to limit the repair and servicing capability of non AGA Engineers!

If you call the Leamington Spa Engineering Centre they will give you a price to reconvert the range to NG. Your range is currently shown on their system as “fully supported”. I doubt that they would sell you the parts direct unless you are Gas Safe Registered and in an area of the the UK that they currently don’t provide service capability.
Thanks Brambles.
i have now taken the cooker apart and looked at the nozzles. They are standard 7mm hex. As the cooker is set up for LPG the nozzles have 10, 85 & 63 stamped on them so can you advise what the equivalent nozzle for nat gas would be.
Thanks in advance.

Thanks Brambles.
i have now taken the cooker apart and looked at the nozzles. They are standard 7mm hex. As the cooker is set up for LPG the nozzles have 10, 85 & 63 stamped on them so can you advise what the equivalent nozzle for nat gas would be.
Thanks in advance.
Hi
Without manufactures instructions. It’s impossible. The air settings will need adjusting too. . Even with the instructions and correct jets , it’s still an a difficult job.
Only advice is.
Get instructions
Get jets
Get a registered installer to fit them.
Please tell the installer it’s not a European cooker.

Hi
Without manufactures instructions. It’s impossible. The air settings will need adjusting too. . Even with the instructions and correct jets , it’s still an a difficult job.
Only advice is.
Get instructions
Get jets
Get a registered installer to fit them.
Please tell the installer it’s not a European cooker.
Ok many thanks.
i will contact range master for instructions and jets. I will also Ask them if they have a list of qualified people to do the job.

Reply to LPG to nat gas conversion on 2003 Falcon range cooker in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock