Search the forum,

Discuss Lowering Expansion Vessels on Unvented System in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Chaps,

Wife has been nagging me about having shelves in an airing cupboard for about a year now.
We've had unvented cylinder fitted last year and both expansion vessels are very high to fit a towel shelve (as it will be just below the top of door frame).
Can the expansion vessels be lowered so the top of the expansion vessels hit the red line drawn in the picture attached? Are there any minimum requirements for fitting expansion vessels on unvented cylinder?
I would really appreciate advice on this if you're G3 qualified, before I call a plumber in.

Best Regards,
Lumen

Attachments

• Boiler.jpg
    Boiler.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Lowering the expansion vessels isn't a problem providing you have space. It looks pretty tight in there and if you do decide to go for it then like you say you'll need a G3 guy as you'll be adjusted both unvented supply and heating pipework

As above yes it can be done ? but i would build the sheving around whats there already ,if you move them lower they will still be there just lower removable slated shelving is the way . Kop

I think there is not a great deal of clearance below the proposed shelf. have you measured the height of the units and allowing for connection of pipework?

Remember on the potable side you must have a continuous fall on the pipework from expansion vessel to connection at cylinder. You must not create a "silt trap". The fall does not need to be big and I suspect that even just level is OK for practical purposes. See link for best practice on this subject.

Reply to Lowering Expansion Vessels on Unvented System in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock