Search the forum,

Discuss Low water pressure in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

HKM

Hi All

Looking for advice on a low water pressure issue - on both cold and hot taps, the water pressure drops to 1.5 bar if two taps are on at the same time.

This is in a flat, the water pressure is approx. 5 bar from the mains into the flat. The water main feeds into a LIFF shortest inline scale inhibitor, followed by a pressure reducer by Heatrae Sadia set at 3 bar, then to a megaflo boiler.

I wanted to ask can a LIFF inline magnetic scale inhibitor or the pressure reducer get clogged?

thank you!

It’s unlikely the scale reducer is blocked.
The pressure reducing valve could be faulty, have you checked your internal and external stop taps are fully open?

It’s unlikely the scale reducer is blocked.
The pressure reducing valve could be faulty, have you checked your internal and external stop taps are fully open?
thank you, yes the internal/external stop taps are completely open. The water pressure on a single tap is ok, its when you put another on that it goes low, or if you flush then there is hardly any water in the taps. It may be the scale reducer in that case. Another question, would a megaflo boiler issue affect cold water as well?

thank you, yes the internal/external stop taps are completely open. The water pressure on a single tap is ok, its when you put another on that it goes low, or if you flush then there is hardly any water in the taps. It may be the scale reducer in that case. Another question, would a megaflo boiler issue affect cold water as well?
Yes if it’s piped as balanced supplies.
Can you post some pictures of the cylinder and pipes?
Do you know a G3 qualified plumber who can investigate?

When you say pressure drops, do you mean flow?

If you do mean flow then that is indicative of a blocked filter- such as is found in a pressure reducing valve or a combination valve for a megaflo . These all have a mesh filter which should be cleaned as part of the annual service.

Yes if it’s piped as balanced supplies.
Can you post some pictures of the cylinder and pipes?
Do you know a G3 qualified plumber who can investigate?
so I recharged the airgap on megaflo following a good video on youtube, this has had an impact on hot water pressure which is now good. Cold water is still very low. the main feed pressure is good, so I am guessing it is either the scale inhibitor or the pressure reducing valve. I will call out a plumber. Any recommendations on a good inline pressure reducing valve? to make it from 5 bar to 3 bar. I think I will also get the magnetic scale inhibitor replaced, any ideas on that.. I read about BWT Combicare as I can replace cartridges. is it any good?

When you say pressure drops, do you mean flow?

If you do mean flow then that is indicative of a blocked filter- such as is found in a pressure reducing valve or a combination valve for a megaflo . These all have a mesh filter which should be cleaned as part of the annual service.
hot water pressure is now good, cold water flow is low. so would it be blocked filter on pressure reducing valve? it looks like the one in this video . Is there an easy way to clean the mesh filter? <edit> is it ok to post youtube video here. please remove if not.

Reply to Low water pressure in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
P
Hi All, I have replaced my existing Shaw and Mason chrome set with the Shaw and Mason forward bowl spindles/ Handles. I have kept the same tap or the water dispensing unit. The water pressure has reduced after I made the changes. I installed the original spindle back but same low pressure. If I...
Replies
Views
PRJSyd
P
Low hot water pressure Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone is able to shed some light on my situation before I have to call out the professionals. We've been in our house for over 3 years now, when we moved in the hot water pressure was pretty good (confirmed by a retired plumber family friend)...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone just checking if this is right regarding water pressure and combi boiler pressure: Do hot and cold water always vary in pressure such as the following? Cold water from tap filled 1 litre jug in 2 seconds Hot water from tap filled 1 litre jug in 5 seconds Gas combi boiler pressure...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Gas combi Boiler Mains fed in all taps and shower How do I balance the water pressure in all faucets in my flat. Every tap/water faucet is mains fed but the cold water is really strong in every tap that if I open the tap fully it flies out like a fountain but the hot water is not...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock