Search the forum,

Discuss low water pressure shared mains in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stephen22

Hi could any1 please help. I have a house and a row of sheds off one mains water supply. The sheds are downhill of the house and do not have a storage tank. When the sheds supply is on the supply to the house reduces to a trickle. Is there any equipment I could install to give priority to the house, or maintain water pressure to the house? Whlist the sheds stay on. :confused:Thanks.

It depends. You could do something as simple as governing down the water supply in each shed. Try turning the stop taps down and see if that makes a difference. It may alter flow into the sheds but should not affect the pressure.

I assume its one pipe with a tee out for each shed or one tee for sheds and when above ground the main splits to feed each shed. And outside goes onto house

Failing that dig up the main befor the tee or tees to the sheds, and route a separt main to the house.

It all depends on what the layout is.

What your trying to do is stop the sheds from pinching all the water. By adjusting the stop taps all your doing is trying to balance the system like a Plumber would a central heating system.

If the sheds are production sheds it depends on water use and at what time the peak use is. You may be able to use something like an auto balancing valve that opens up to let the sheds use water at peak times and closes down when they are not, directing more water back to the house.

It all depends what you have got.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Depending if the sheds are down hill enough and down stream of the main (house served first then dead leg feeding sheds) a break cistern could be fitted, served by ball valve and sheds feed by gravity from cistern. This arrangement would give a residual head to serve house when sheds were at demand. Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to low water pressure shared mains in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock