From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss Low profile overlay wet UFH - screed, grooved gypsum or insulation? in the Water Underfloor Heating Installations area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi folks, my first posting and hopefully it's a sensible question. I'm doing a renovation and intend to heat with wet UFH supplied from an ASHP. I have to go for minimal build up because of head-room, so I'm looking at the various low profile systems. Insulation of the property will be OK, but not superb (wood fibreboard over the existing stone walls). I an looking to work with a build-up of 25-35mm (excluding floor-coverings) and it's going over a concrete slab.

The low profile options mostly seem to use 12mm pipe at 150mm centres but within them there are:-
1. castellated plastic plates that are screeded (Nu-heat, Profix, Robbens)
2. gypsum or similar grooved boards (Warm-up et al)
3. similar grooved boards that are made from XPS insulation, some with foil as a heat diffuser some with plates (Continental et al).

Has anyone got views on the performance of these various types of system. The flooring will be 50% tiles 50% engineered wood and I would expect to set the heating cycles to optimise performance.

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer

Reply to Low profile overlay wet UFH - screed, grooved gypsum or insulation? in the Water Underfloor Heating Installations area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Plumbing and Plumbers

Plumbing Workwear

Shower Power Booster

Water Underfloor Heating

CORGI Direct for Plumbers

The Wetroom Store

Plumbase Spares