Search the forum,

Discuss Low pressure light on electric shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a low pressure light on a tenants electric shower, it completely cuts the water off. They say they have not had any other appliances on and it is now getting worse. The boiler is a condensing boiler. Any help welcomed.

When you say electric shower do you mean the type that has a cold feed only and heats the water within the shower unit itself or does it have hot and cold supplies, hot coming from the combi?

Either way, first thing to check is the inlet strainer/filters on the incoming supply at the shower unit.

What make and model is the shower? If you can tell us we can tell you how to check the strainers.

I have a low pressure light on a tenants electric shower, it completely cuts the water off. They say they have not had any other appliances on and it is now getting worse. The boiler is a condensing boiler. Any help welcomed.
Electric Shower and condensing boiler are not a compatable question, go back over your set up and then approach us with a coherent question....YOU really need to understand what you are renting out first
centralheatking

If you fit a a ShowerPowerBooster on the cold water pump before the electric shower it will increase the pressure and sort this.
Alan, we are aware that you are trying to push your product but please be mindful of the fact that there are paying sponsors on here. Additionally it may not require a pump it could be other faults

Alan, we are aware that you are trying to push your product but please be mindful of the fact that there are paying sponsors on here. Additionally it may not require a pump it could be other faults
Riley...Alan was. ukpf sponsor a while back and I am trying to entice him back he is a good man with an under promoted product...but yes I get your msg
god knows I have been told off enought hey...regards Rob Foster aka centralheatking and no mention of my products
happy days

That’s fine rob and I’m not having a go, to be honest the lack of diagnosing a need for a booster pump was the strangest advice Alan gave

I am sorry if I offended but if the problem is pressure as indicated by the light then the solution is either a pump to increase the pressure, or replace the electric shower with electric shower with an integral pump. The only other thing it can be is a faulty electric shower and to check that you simply unscrew the shower head, and screw in a pressure gage. If the pressure reading falls below the minimum required for the shower to work (normally between 0.8 and 1.0 bars), then the problem is solved with a pump. If the pressure is over 1.0 bars its a faulty electric shower.

I am sorry if I offended but if the problem is pressure as indicated by the light then the solution is either a pump to increase the pressure, or replace the electric shower with electric shower with an integral pump. The only other thing it can be is a faulty electric shower and to check that you simply unscrew the shower head, and screw in a pressure gage. If the pressure reading falls below the minimum required for the shower to work (normally between 0.8 and 1.0 bars), then the problem is solved with a pump. If the pressure is over 1.0 bars its a faulty electric shower.
Hi Alan ..Rob Foster

No offence taken Alan as Rob points out we have slapped his wrists enough times

May be missing something here but why check the outlet pressure on the shower? That tells you absolutely nothing! If the low pressure light is on it's the incoming pressure that's low and needs checking on a tap in the bathroom or kitchen. If the pressure at all other outlets is ok, then it's the shower that's knacked

You can check the pressure at the shower with and without a tap running so you can see if at anytime if it falls below the minimum required for electric shower. If the pressure at the shower remains above 1.0 bars then you know the pressure sensor in the electric shower is faulty. If the pressure drops below 0.8 bars then you know the pressure sensor in the shower is telling the truth and you need a pump to increase the pressure.

Hang on a minute.

As a working domestic plumber 19 times out of 20 this fault (in our area) is caused by limescale - the other time by blocked filter , the other time by herniated hose; ok so 18 out of twenty it’s limescale....

I have read this op as the shower worked initially and the fault came on much later.

Alan’s point is valid if the shower showed this light from the get go - but personally that’s never happened to me.

Reply to Low pressure light on electric shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock