Search the forum,

Discuss Low hot water pressure in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

J

Jason brad

I've had a new Firebird combi oil boiler fitted and the hot water pressure is low( in fact it's terrible)..the cold water pressure is good and I can't find any leaks and loose no pressure. Please help. Thanks alot

The hot water pressure is terrible?, do you mean the hot flow rate is very poor but the flow rate is OK but too cold if a hot tap is opened fully?
What is the Firebird power output.

Should be the same as the mains pressure

20 kw output. Thanks
20kw should give a hot tap temperature of 40C at a flow rate of 14LPM or 7LPM at 60C, can you just open a hot tap fully and see how long it takes to fill a 2 litre container or any sized container and compare this with the time taken to fill the same container from a cold tap.

Reply to Low hot water pressure in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
Low hot water pressure Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone is able to shed some light on my situation before I have to call out the professionals. We've been in our house for over 3 years now, when we moved in the hot water pressure was pretty good (confirmed by a retired plumber family friend)...
Replies
Views
Afternoon. I have an issue with no water flow from any of the hot taps in the house, I can't seem to find a solution to the issue. System is a megaflo unvented indirect cylinder (125i) boiler is a Worcester greenstar. I have good pressure on the cold feed and all the usual stuff works, taps...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I wonder if you can help me? I have intermittent hot water low flow from all taps in my 4 bedroom house upstairs and downstairs. I can sometimes recover the usual water pressure by turning the hot and cold water taps on and off which seems very strange to me. There is no problem...
Replies
Views
S
Pumps and low pressure I moved the bathroom to the back the house (next room) upstairs. I put in two pumps because low pressure water area. One for shower and one for bath. They both work intermittently and I often need to get them started with a magnet! They were new pumps. In the shower the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock