Search the forum,

Discuss low flow rate, undecided on options. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi I have an old property with a Low flow rate coming in from Mains. Old black imperial pipe from a long run.
This is not a simple job to replace so looking for other options.

It currently has 5 bar on standing but drops off as soon as one tap or shower is used. <1 bar.

The property is being renovated to have 5 bedrooms 2 bathrooms, and another en-suite.
So the current setup is far from enough to run 2 showers, without it being a dribble.

I am looking at different possibilities from a 300L+ Accumulator or the same but with a charge pump.
Also a water pump with a break tank, such as the DAB E.SYBOX and E.SYTANK 500l.
It does sound a large amount, but large family and water usage.

I cannot see what the main differences are between the 2 apart from the motor will be supplying the loss in flow, or the stored water in the Accumulator.

What ideas are out there, thanks all.

Last edited:
Second option for me all day long

Accumulator won’t keep up with demand

Hi I have an old property with a Low flow rate coming in from Mains. Old black imperial pipe from a long run.
This is not a simple job to replace so looking for other options.

It currently has 5 bar on standing but drops off as soon as one tap or shower is used. <1 bar.

The property is being renovated to have 5 bedrooms 2 bathrooms, and another en-suite.
So the current setup is far from enough to run 2 showers, without it being a dribble.

I am looking at different possibilities from a 300L+ Accumulator or the same but with a charge pump.
Also a water pump with a break tank, such as the DAB E.SYBOX and E.SYTANK 500l.
It does sound a large amount, but large family and water usage.

I cannot see what the main differences are between the 2 apart from the motor will be supplying the loss in flow, or the stored water in the Accumulator.

What ideas are out there, thanks all.
I am interested in your problem, but I think we on UKPF need more
info.
1. Details of your supply...length, utility etc.
2. Your aspirations when it is sorted out
3. Future proof it ...tell us what you plan
4. Budget ...important
5. Are you the owner ?
centralheatking

I have come across several potential customers who have the same problem as you. They often come to me having tried all other options. A Salamander Home Boost will not fix your problem. A ShowerPowerBooster will not fix your problem. I normally get involved only after a customer has fitted an accumulator and still not fixed the problem.

There are two solutions which will fix your problem.
1.0 Replace the pipe - expensive
2.0 Change to an open vented system with a storage tank in the loft.
A cold water storage tank allows you to store cold water in your home so when you do want a bath you have all the water you need and you can run more than one shower.
I visited a potential customer in Norfolk who after getting rid of her gravity system spent a fortune on a non vented system with an accumulator only to find her system failed her.
After fitting a gravity system please consider boosting your showers with a ShowerPowerBooster.

Reply to low flow rate, undecided on options. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock