Search the forum,

Discuss Low Co ppm after Kane 455 service in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi . Just had my Kane 455 back after 5th year service. Friday used it to check a repaired old oil heatslave combi. Repair did not alter combustion settings. I had serviced the boiler in April and expected similar combustion results. Although the Co was 6ppm in April it was about 41ppm. All other setting unchanged. I then yesterday checked with my own Grant combi 21e and usually get a co of about 34ppm. This time co of 4ppm. Now Im thinking either my AGA is faulty after service or was faulty all last year? I looked on Kane web site and found this under FAQ 's -
KANE analysers are equipped with improved CO sensor technology which is less cross sensitive to NOx emissions . This may result in lower than anticipated CO readings when used on light oil fired and other high temperature appliances.
Any one know how this improved CO sensor works ? surely the number of Co ppm in the flue is just that. Do you think my analyser is faulty ?
Thanks
Ray

I would say fga is faulty as it’s unlikely it’s that low

CO ppm can change at anytime. You may not have changed any settings but whats to say the nozzle is not functioning different now from April.?
I'd expect a FGA sent away from calibration and replacement of sensors will be tested properly.
Have you got a spare FGA you can cross check with?

CO ppm can change at anytime. You may not have changed any settings but whats to say the nozzle is not functioning different now from April.?
I'd expect a FGA sent away from calibration and replacement of sensors will be tested properly.
Have you got a spare FGA you can cross check with?
No , nothing to compare with other than previously checked boilers. I have the certificate, Ill phone Kane tomorrow see what they say.
[automerge]1598980556[/automerge]
Spoke to Kane today. Apparently the new CO sensors now only measures the CO and not a combination of CO and NOx as previous sensors with light oil. He asked me to check with a Nat Gas boiler and should expect between 30-70ppm
Which I did and got 36ppm thus proving it is reading the CO.

Last edited:

Reply to Low Co ppm after Kane 455 service in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock