Search the forum,
  • Thread starter Danny25
  • Start date
  • Replies 31
  • Views 3K

Discuss Lovely chap! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Danny25

Fitting a boiler today just finishing off so sent the apprentice to do a tightness test comes back with half the test nipple in his hand!! I was not happy!!! But these things happen!! Quickly shot to the suppliers to see if they had a spare, none were he correct size. So I rang transco and within an hour a lovely chap arrived and fitted a new meter. He was a really nice guy gave me about 10 spare test nipples and meter blanking caps. Very impressed with the speedy arrival and the helpfulness!!!

U can get snapped nipples out by hammering a screwdriver into the snapped but and unscrewing. Keep old nipples from boilers .

Fitting a boiler today just finishing off so sent the apprentice to do a tightness test comes back with half the test nipple in his hand!! I was not happy!!! But these things happen!! Quickly shot to the suppliers to see if they had a spare, none were he correct size. So I rang transco and within an hour a lovely chap arrived and fitted a new meter. He was a really nice guy gave me about 10 spare test nipples and meter blanking caps. Very impressed with the speedy arrival and the helpfulness!!!

It's always been easy to be helpful with an employers gear, did you give him any of your stuff in return? Or what would you say to the apprentice if he gave a customer a few fittings from the van for some spares

Good to hear pleasant stories. Tip! don't over tighten test nipples, use a screw driver not a spanner.

Normally snaps off too deep for one. I have a few sets in the van for boiler repairs .

I don't mind him being generous at all. I wouldn't be that worried if the apprentice gave a few fittings here and there if he was helping someone out not making money from it.

I don't mind him being generous at all. I wouldn't be that worried if the apprentice gave a few fittings here and there if he was helping someone out not making money from it.

Fair enough,
I'm doing an install soon ( ok you all know it's a lie cause I never work now) can he send me a couple of boxes of fittings

Great aren't we!!!??

It's always been easy to be helpful with an employers gear, did you give him any of your stuff in return? Or what would you say to the apprentice if he gave a customer a few fittings from the van for some spares
Miserable bar stood

thats a bit harsh mate, similar thing happened to me called out sgn, great bloke had a good crack with him, he gave me some spare test nipples, they were off old meters that had been taken out. 99% of the people I've come across are willing to help out a fellow engineer with their time, advice, help with a job and a few bits and pieces! much like this site really

I swapped a tranny a bucket or brass for a carrier bag of washers ecv and caps!

If he didn't give him the spare nipples he's only going to call them out if it happens again, so it's a win win for everybody concerned, in my opinion.

I can see your point kirkgas but if you can't trust the guys working for you it doesn't sound good mate

I can see your point kirkgas but if you can't trust the guys working for you it doesn't sound good mate

But as others are saying, it isn't really theft or a problem, (nearly) everyone takes things from their employer, because it's what we do, but if the stuff is ours and it's being taken it makes a difference, haha,
But my original comment was it's easy to be generous with someone else's money, I'm more impressed when people give me what is theirs to give

If you're ever short of a few fittings Kirk then drive to Devon and I'd be more than happy to help you out :)

Want my rac card? More than 50 miles and it will breakdown?

Never had any trouble with it, my son uses it as his every day car, it's in the garage just now getting some upgrade work done to take it from 520bhp to 625bhp, that won't help the mpg haha

Nice! You pass the criminality test then. As apparently they don't want criminals driving them...... Ahem

But as others are saying, it isn't really theft

So if taking something that isn't yours, without permission, and with intent permanently to deprive the rightful owner isn't theft, then what is?

Transco guy gave me about 5 meter brackets some meter unions, washers and blanking caps once, he was installing new meter in the house I was working in and I let him borrow my employers 24v sds as it was in the house already, didn't even hint or nothing! he just gave them to me in a bag!

So if taking something that isn't yours, without permission, and with intent permanently to deprive the rightful owner isn't theft, then what is?

I was being ironic
I'm not an angel and have taken fittings etc that were spare on jobs etc but I'm not saying it's right and you usually find the worst offenders who stole absolutely everything they could wouldn't give you one fitting of theirs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Lovely chap! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock