Search the forum,

Discuss Loud noise in Gas pipes from oven? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

snadge

Hi all, new to forum

My Girlfriend went to use the oven and it started making a loud humming/vibration noise, quite scary - it varied with gas level - we could hear the flames taking light from the ignitor but we could NOT see the flames like previous we could? so too scared to leave it running to see if it goes on full like normal

we are in middle of cooking the tea :p

can anyone help?

what is it and how do we get rid?

thanks in advance

Hi all, new to forum

My Girlfriend went to use the oven and it started making a loud humming/vibration noise, quite scary - it varied with gas level - we could hear the flames taking light from the ignitor but we could NOT see the flames like previous we could? so too scared to leave it running to see if it goes on full like normal

we are in middle of cooking the tea :p

can anyone help?

what is it and how do we get rid?

thanks in advance

have a salad:p

If you are unsure about the safe running of a gas appliance or you feel it is operating differently than normal
Get a gas safe plumber in who is registered to cover the safety of the appliance ,to check it out and correct were required
Boring stuff I know but it stops bad accidents and even lives
The cooker should not be used until checked

imho

ps salads are best not heated in the micro wave,it makes the lettuce leaves all soggy and they fail to meet current european lettuce standards

Last edited by a moderator:
Oven Cleaner?
- Hmmm I dont think thats going to help somehow...

so no gas-man / plumber in here skilled enough to help with this problem? :confused:

There are lots however you are not skilled enough to repair anything safety,this requires a trained person in gas and the safe use of,you have been advised correctly what to do in the post above and explained why.
If you value your health so little that is sad,make sure any neighbors are out before you start messing about with gas !!

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
There are lots however you are not skilled enough to repair anything safety,this requires a trained person in gas and the safe use of,you have been advised correctly what to do in the post above and explained why.
If you value your health so little that is sad,make sure any neighbors are out before you start messing about with gas !!

imho

no-one has told me what the problem is? - just JOKED about it! (have a salad.., try some oven cleaner..) , and WERE did i say I was going to "do the job myself"..? i didn't!! - all I wanted was someone to explain what it might be and what course of action to take, instead after 2 days of waiting on replys I get jokers who are unwilling help a new forum member out - this is the UK's biggest plumbing forum and im surprised ive got these responses - I thought there would be hundreds of skilled plumbers/gas man willing to advise on what to do - for all I know there MAY have been a simple fix I might hve been able to do myself? I dont know hence my asking on here for advice... I searched on Google but didnt find anything that gave any idea what the problem might be...
....anyway, thanks for your advice, we are ringing someone now

why ask on a forum ? dig deep and get a pro in ,

to get help and advice... ;)

for e.g.
- we just moved into a new home - we werent given any code for the alarm system - so we got a "pro" in and he charged us ÂŁ100 to reset it = 20 mins work.. after I went on a electricians forum to ask about buzzing noise it was making, they told me the fix AND how to reset the alarm myself - one alarm installer said and I quote "you should have checked on here first, we could have saved you ÂŁ100" ... so Iam asking on here in case its something common and easy to fix and were not paying another "pro" ÂŁ100 just to remove a bit of dirt or other simple fix..., if not then great I will get someone in but please someone help instead of joking about it;)

to get help and advice... ;)

for e.g.
- we just moved into a new home - we werent given any code for the alarm system - so we got a "pro" in and he charged us ÂŁ100 to reset it = 20 mins work.. after I went on a electricians forum to ask about buzzing noise it was making, they told me the fix AND how to reset the alarm myself - one alarm installer said and I quote "you should have checked on here first, we could have saved you ÂŁ100" ... so Iam asking on here in case its something common and easy to fix and were not paying another "pro" ÂŁ100 just to remove a bit of dirt or other simple fix..., if not then great I will get someone in but please someone help instead of joking about it;)

Fair comment but gas work is a tad more dangerous than pressing a couple of buttons on an alarm to reset it.

As for the cooker problem not all things can be diagnosed by a couple of sentances.
In all seriousness get a decent gas enginner round to look at it, and not being condescending but check he's got a cooker ticket. There's alot of cowboys out there.

Fair comment but gas work is a tad more dangerous than pressing a couple of buttons on an alarm to reset it.

As for the cooker problem not all things can be diagnosed by a couple of sentances.
In all seriousness get a decent gas enginner round to look at it, and not being condescending but check he's got a cooker ticket. There's alot of cowboys out there.

yeah I know.... thanks..

anyway its fixed... the girlfriend was turning the wrong knob :p ...she was turning the grill and it was lighting up and the noise was caused because the door was shut...must be something to do with less oxygen... I went in and turned the "oven" knob and it worked a charm.... lucky aswell as i had the telephone in hand about to ring a corgi registered gas man when I thought I would have a look myself and see if I can get it started by either letting the gas run for a few seconds to see if it eased or cleaning the part where the gas comes out in the oven incase some dirt was blocking it...
If I hadnt of looked and tried it we would have been at least a call out charge down....

thanks for your help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Loud noise in Gas pipes from oven? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

K
Hi went to look at a job today, details as follows 1) all cold services mains fed 2) noise like a foghorn when toilet flushes and fills 3) slight vibration on wc inlet feed while noise is happening 4) feed pipe to inlet valve is a flexi 5) no new installations been done recently 6) property...
Replies
Views
T
I'd be really grateful for any advice on this. Boiler was overheating and tripping, British Gas (Homecare) blamed dirt in system and recommended Magnaclean for ÂŁ450 (and said Powerflush + Magnaclean would cost ÂŁ750)! Got an independent plumber to do a powerflush + chemicals and fit a...
Replies
Views
GasMan1983
G
S
Hi, We bought our house in July and were satisfied that we had all the requirements regards the HIP and CORGI certificate for the gas boiler and installation. We had problems with the boiler in September and called the original installers and issuers of the CORGI cert to fix the problems...
Replies
Views
symptomless
S
T
i have a safety question, my landlords (probably not corgi let alone gas safe) plumber reinstalled my ferroli f24 combi boiler after some rebuilding work. in the process of refitting he managed to damage the blow off valve so it was constantly passing water his solution (rather than...
Replies
Views
Keith Gillyon
K
C
Hi all Can anyone help? My boiler: Ideal C24/C28 mini HE. 3 years old. Draining the system down to add the rad, the water was nice and clear though we are in a hard water area. 3/4 days ago a gas safe plumber extended my gas feed to my kitchen for a new range and extended the central...
Replies
Views
moony
M
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock