Search the forum,

Discuss Loud banging noises in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jammrcr

We have a pressurised system that comes directly from the mains, we seem to have intermittent banging noises (almost like a pneumatic drill!) which seem to only effect the shower system (which is connect directly to the mains - no pump).

When the shower is running the noises go away. But if turned off, the noises continue.

Any ideas?

Thanks for coming back to us Steve - how would the loose pipework explain water coming out of the shower even when the shower isn't turned on? i.e. if I flush the toilet and then use the sink taps to wash my hands whilst the cistern is refilling the shower will spurt our water - if it doesn't spurt water then then whole things just vibrates with load noises which aren't banging but more like a pneumatic drill sound - could loose pipework actually cause this kind of reaction?

the sound you are experincing is a water hammer as steveb it can be created by loose pipes not clipped correctly loose washers inside ballvalves and taps, sometimes they can be a pain to track down, also it may not be in your house at all if you live in a semi detactched property or a flat it could be resonating from theyre property.

If you have isolation valves on the shower supplies, try isolating it and see if the noises are still there.

If it happens when you flush the toilet,it could well be the ballvalve diaphragm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Loud banging noises in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper pipes) and having serious issues with banging pipes only when central heating is on. Not when running taps We have a wall in living room that has stop tap...
Replies
Views
Hello, purchased a house in February this year and for a few weeks, noticed a loud banging noise which sounds like it is coming from under my sink, but happens when no water is running. I think it could be when my neighbour is either running water or maybe using a washing machine. House is an...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Hope somebody can help :) I have a vented HW system with a pressurised Ch system but got bit of a annoying issue, when the hot water comes on all seems ok then after about 15/20 mins i started to hear a trickling noise from hw cylinder which i can also hear in the boiler. The central...
Replies
Views
I have a problem with noise and vibrations from my shower when i first turn it on. The problem lasts for about 30 seconds after the shower is switched on before it stops. There is a sink nearby, sometimes if we switch that on slowly before turning on the shower then the shower doesn't make a...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm dealing with Vaillant Ecotec 824 R1 in one flat. The boiler make a very loud noise when central heating is on - this is random and occurs mostly at night. I'm sharing video showing the problem: So far we changed: 1. Expansion vessel 2. Pump 3. Water pressure gauge - analogue sensor...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock