Search the forum,

Discuss Loud Banging/Knocking Sound when Boiler Powered on in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I just got the keys to my new flat today and when I turned on the power to the boiler it instantly started kicking out a really loud clicking/banging/knocking sound. The boiler is in the loft so I went up and noticed that the pressure gauge is bouncing in time with the sound.

I've closed and released every valve I can think of but I just can't get it to stop. I can increase the pressure with the usual valve (intake? Im not sure on the names) and I can drop it again by bleeding the radiators. The radiators seem to be heating up and the water seems to be getting hot so its working but it's just making this constant sound. When I first turned it on it didnt seem to fire up but on the second attempt it did.

I've attached a video of the gauge jumping and banging. I'm pretty sure the boiler is an Ideal Evo HE C22/30

If anyone has any ideas of what to do it would I'd be incredibly grateful.

If this issue was there when you bought the flat, it was the responsibility of the previous owner to inform you of this defect, in the first instance contact the Estate Agent if you don't get any joy from then, contact your Solicitor, it should have been declared on the know defect form.

Reply to Loud Banging/Knocking Sound when Boiler Powered on in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock