Search the forum,

Discuss Loud banging from central heating pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thescruffyone

Hi there, have searched on here, but cant find anything that really matches my problem, so here it is.

Yesterday I was working in my kitchen (changing sockets, tiling etc.) after turning the electrics off and on a couple of times I noticed the boiler was making a funny noise. It would fire up, make a whooshing noise (like when there is air in the system, then the pipes would bang as if someone was hitting them with a hammer, then it would turn off as though it had got up to temperature. this would happen over and over again. I bled the upstairs rads (the ones downstairs were fine) and removed some air. Both pipes up to the header tank were hot. the upstairs rads were hot, the downstairs ones were cold. I turned the heating off overnight and tried again this morning but the same thing happened. I cant hear the pump working. could this be the problem?

Sorry for the long thread, but i tried to include all the info i could.

thanks

Points to no circulation though boiler,so pump looks like problem
Hope when you was turning power on and off yesterday you turned boiler off first 5/10 mins before,so it could cool down first

Hope when you was turning power on and off yesterday you turned boiler off first 5/10 mins before,so it could cool down first

No I didn't, Didn't even think about it. Although the power was off for about 10 mins at a time. Would that have knackered something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Loud banging from central heating pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock