Search the forum,

Discuss Loss off water pressure after mains scale inhibitor fitted in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all, i have fitted a 22mm scale inhibitor today( due to very hard water) and have lost pressure to all the cold taps in my property bar the outside tap and the washer valve feed . I have also lost around 4L a minute on the flow rate on all the affected taps . Property is a new build MDPE incoming onto a 22mm brass stop tap all piped in 22mm copper t'd off to 15mm for the kitchen sink . Hot water side is a indirect unvented system which is not affected .I'm a plumber so straight away i took out the scale inhibitor out , fitted a new stop tap and piped straight back through to the existing pipe work just incase the inhibitor or stap tap was reducing the flow but the cold pressure is still low for my property . The new pipework was all done in 22mm copper soldered with solder ring fittings but due to lack of space under the kitchen sink i had to elbow down from the incoming main into the scale inhibitor then elbow back up and around to the existing pipe work .
Has any one any ideas what the problem could be or ever experienced this before . I have done this plenty of times before on customers houses and never had a problem.
Thanks in advance .

Reply to Loss off water pressure after mains scale inhibitor fitted in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the whole house is working as normal. Hot water is working as normal on the ground floor. However, there is no hot water to the first floor bathroom. This...
Replies
Views
Good morning I installed a Harvey’s water softener recently. Have a semi detached property with 3 showers and a 2 toilets with a mega flow cylinder 25mm mains pipe work with 22mm onwards. I put the softener before the prv which was pre installed with the unvented cylinder as the rep said...
Replies
Views
We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine waste but the problem is in the water supply. Currently there is only hot and cold washing machine hose fitting isolators attached to very short...
Replies
Views
I recently read a post / comment whereby there was a recommendation that if you are away from your home more than 24 hours, then you should turn the water off to avoid potential catastrophic damage. When I go away I have always tended to turn ours off, that's typically anything from a couple of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock