Search the forum,

Discuss Loss of pressure to showers only in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I am a complete novice when it come to DIY plumbing and looking for any help in troubleshooting this pressure issue. I have two Mira Excel showers that have both lost pressure over the last month but at different times. I have cleaned the showerheads and hoses and I have had a plumber round who has replaced the cartridge and back plate on one of the showers (en suite) and whilst the pressure is better it is still not as good as it used to be. Since this was "fixed" last week, the pressure has now dropped in the other shower. I have an unvented mains pressure system with a Heatrae Sadia Megaflo cylinder next to the Worcester Oil boiler in the garage. Any ideas as to what might be causing this issue?

Does the issue also happen in the kitchen hot tap ?

Having water on and off disturbed some crap in pipe now moved into shower filters after the event?

Personally if you've not had it looked at yet. Would ask you call megaflo / Heatrae Sadia to get one of their tecs round to have a look?
Depends? Levels?.. Wheres the bathroom and kitchen to where hot water cylinders sited?
What size is cylinder?

Thank you all for the assistance. This has now been fixed by my plumber. There was a build up of gunk in both shower filters and now normal pressure has been restored. I appreciate the help in troubleshooting the problem.

Reply to Loss of pressure to showers only in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock