Search the forum,

Discuss loosing hot water flow when macerator pump goes? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

R

Russell James

Hello
I have a salon and the plumbing for the hair wash basins is taken from the toilet, so when we are washing hair and the water is a good temperature, when the pump goes the water goes cold it takes a wile to come back. It used to do it a bit and now its much worse.
A plumber said it cant be the pump as that just the waste but the boiler is fine and the manufactory of the wash basins said the mixer taps are good and also the fact that one min its good then it completely goes and to us its the pump.
Any help on if it could be this or how to fix or make it better.
Many thanks

The macerator purely chews and pumps when the switch is activated, normally when toilet is flushed or water runs in from basins. Should have no impact on water temp.
How is the hot water produced? Are the mixers thermostatic and if not do you have a thermostatic mixing valve installed and calibrated (will come under the anti scald regs I would think).

I suspect that the macerator activation is when the toilet has been flushed. Thus, the cistern is then refilling and likely stealing flow rate from your hot water boiler, which is then shutting down due to overheat/lack of demand.

Reply to loosing hot water flow when macerator pump goes? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock