Search the forum,

Discuss Looking to sell a mybuilder account in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi , don’t know if this is allowed on here.... I’ve moved to Thailand and have a mybuilder account with over 200 positive ratings. 100%positive , looking for someone to take over / buy the account If possible ? Generates a lot of work if you put in the effort , excess of £25k easy a year .
apologies again if I can’t post this here

I'll allow this post. :)

Well done for creating such an account! Sounds good.

Do MyBuilder.com allow the sale and transfer of an account? After all, it's your feedback not somebody else's who might be terrible at their job, assuming they themselves can't build up such a good account.

I'll allow this post. :)

Well done for creating such an account! Sounds good.

Do MyBuilder.com allow the sale and transfer of an account? After all, it's your feedback not somebody else's who might be terrible at their job, assuming they themselves can't build up such a good account.

As a customer I'd see that as fraud, at the very least mis-selling.

looking for someone to take over / buy the account If possible ?
Only in limited circumstances:

"15.1 At no time may an Account Owner or Trade Account Contact be changed to an individual or organisation not associated with the Account Owner."

Which I've always assumed means that you can do things like transfer between directors within a company but not sell your 'reputation' to a third-party, which is what you seem to be trying to do. One of the (IMO many) problems with web 2.0 services is that you end up investing quite a lot of time and effort in them but the result isn't an asset that has any sale value.

Loophole ?.
Sell the Business with Name.

Plenty of Businesses get sold to other people and retain the same name , website & customer details.

Never trust online sites and reviews ..

I've had the marketing teams hound me from various similar platforms, they were quite open that you could remove any feedback you didn't like.

I'd personally never look for a tradesman on one and I'd never advertise on one as they seem to be full of people looking for bottom dollar jobs.

As a customer I'd see that as fraud, at the very least mis-selling.
Fair but People buy and sell businesses and their intellectual property (name, domain, reputation- the lot) all the time. When you buy a bahco spanner it's actually a snapon. When you buy a dewalt drill it's really black and Decker . it goes on and on
Good luck to Chris!

I've had the marketing teams hound me from various similar platforms, they were quite open that you could remove any feedback you didn't like.

I'd personally never look for a tradesman on one and I'd never advertise on one as they seem to be full of people looking for bottom dollar jobs.
As a plumber I would have been lost without my builder as I recently moved from n.ireland to Scotland and it's a great way of getting work and new customers I now have over 270 100% reviews and slowly building my own clients.

Reply to Looking to sell a mybuilder account in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock