Search the forum,

Discuss Looking to replace 1155mm wide radiator in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello guys,

Struggling to find a replacement radiator. It measures 1155mm at the widest, i'm not too bothered about height but preferably around 300-400mm.

There are plenty of radiators around 1164mm and 1010/1100mm.

There are some column radiators at 1149mm but £300 each so I may have to go for that.

Any advice or know any website I could have one sourced?

Much Appreciated

Lee

Last edited:
Why not buy the 1100 and just get some longer tails? I had to do this on a rad in my daughters bedroom, I think I ended up buying "tail extensions", was a long time ago now so can't remember the details.

Why not buy the 1100 and just get some longer tails? I had to do this on a rad in my daughters bedroom, I think I ended up buying "tail extensions", was a long time ago now so can't remember the details.
Something like this?

I had looked into that but it was a last resort if i'm honest. I'd prefer a cleaner look instead of having 70+mm extensions at either side...

Will see how it goes, hopefully I can source a direct fit.

Cheera for the reply Fronty!

Won’t get one without paying 3-4x normal cost

and tbh you won’t notice it either 25mm either side or 55mm one side

Attachments

• E11A7431-98B3-42CD-B3AC-52A0C4C883D6.jpeg
    E11A7431-98B3-42CD-B3AC-52A0C4C883D6.jpeg
    494.7 KB · Views: 14
The rad needs to be sized for the heat loss of the room and the design flow temperature. If you choose a rad that's oversized you could get room temperature overshoot, if undersized then the final temperature may settle at less than desired temperature.

I had looked into that but it was a last resort if i'm honest. I'd prefer a cleaner look instead of having 70+mm extensions at either side...
Sorry bit confused, you said the rad was "1155mm at the widest", so with a 1100 rad you're only talking 25mm'ish tail each side - would you really notice that?

Sorry bit confused, you said the rad was "1155mm at the widest", so with a 1100 rad you're only talking 25mm'ish tail each side - would you really notice that?
Yeah ignore the reference to 1100, there is a particular column cast iron style radiator which I was thinking about and is 1000m. 25mm would be fine!

I’d go 1100 and add rad extensions.

Just to add, if you get the 1164, it’s 9mm too big. You’d likely be able to steal 5mm off of each side by cutting the tails down.

Reply to Looking to replace 1155mm wide radiator in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock