Search the forum,

Discuss Looking to find the correct radiator valve type in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, looking to replace a leaking radiator valve onto an existing radiator.

Pipe coming up from the floor is 15mm and then the bit connecting to the radiator looks to be 22mm. Can’t seem to find the correct fixing? I thought maybe a reducer would work onto the radiator for a more standard valve type but it doesn’t seem to quite screw in?

can anyone help with where I can find the correct valve type?
Many thanks, picture attached

Attachments

• 4927190D-B436-44B3-B724-E2160FE956E0.jpeg
    4927190D-B436-44B3-B724-E2160FE956E0.jpeg
    130.9 KB · Views: 21
What you have is a union connection to the radiator tail. You also have a union type valve in that packet. Unscrew the larger nut from the new valve, and screw the large nut on the end of the radiator tail to the valve. A smear of sealing compound between the two mating faces might be a bit of insurance. Also, clean the mating faces before assembling.

What you have is a union connection to the radiator tail. You also have a union type valve in that packet. Unscrew the larger nut from the new valve, and screw the large nut on the end of the radiator tail to the valve. A smear of sealing compound between the two mating faces might be a bit of insurance. Also, clean the mating faces before assembling.
Thanks, unscrewed it all and found it! Thanks

From the photo I'm assuming the new valve you've bought is 1/2" where as the old one on the rad is 3/4". If that's the case you need to replace the tail (the silver bit that's attached to the rad with a nut on it) that is currently attached to the rad. THe new valve you have bought that's in the pic comes with a radiator tail that fits it, you just need to remove the one that is on the rad using a radiator spanner/hex key (4quid from screwfix), wrap the threads of the new one with ptfe and then bolt it into the rad.

Reply to Looking to find the correct radiator valve type in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock