Search the forum,

Discuss Looking to become a heating engineer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
aftetnoon folks.
Was wondering if someone could give me some advice on where to start my career change to become a heating engineer.
Looking online, there so many schools that advertise courses. It seems a bit of a minefield!! I’m going to fund it myself with the sale of my beloved Audi (sad face).
I’m not a kid, I’m 38 year old dad of two and very keen to learn quickly.
Has anyone got any experience or advise on good schools, qualifications I need to gain employment etc?? I’m located in Bedfordshire so a college around that area would be great!
Any tips and advice are greatly appreciated.
TIA.

Don't do it ! think of something else, getting into this industry now is almost impossible, think about it you will be starting at the bottom that's if you find someone to employ you, lost count of the people coming on here for advise, don't be misled by these collage's making all sorts of promises, you will need a good background in plumbing first then you will have to cover the gas course's, learn about endless heating systems its a mine field, more to this job than people realise .

Keep your audi more fun in that

Why does it have to be a heating engineer out of interest? If you really want to do it do it the slow way. Proper college, not a training centre. I believe lots still offer night classes. Do that then you may get lucky to get on to doing an NVQ. If you don’t have the core plumbing knowledge. You will struggle

PS please please don’t think we’re being negative we’d hate to see you waste your hard earned cash and potentially affect the lives of your kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Looking to become a heating engineer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock