Search the forum,

Discuss Looking for the size of the bathroom tap valve in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

My bathroom tap is dripping water, I want to change the tap valve, but I don't know the valve size, if somebody familiar with the type of tap, please tell me the valve size. Thank you in advanced.

Attachments

• 1120.jpg
    1120.jpg
    655.7 KB · Views: 13
You'll probably find if you unscrew those valve shields, the handles will come off with the shields and you'll find the valve bodies are fairly standard 1/2" size.

You'll probably find if you unscrew those valve shields, the handles will come off with the shields and you'll find the valve bodies are fairly standard 1/2" size.
Thank you for the reply. I already fixed it. I bought 1/2" washer. here are some tools I used for changing the washer, hopefully can help other people.

Attachments

• wrench.png
    wrench.png
    678.8 KB · Views: 10

Reply to Looking for the size of the bathroom tap valve in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I am trying to replace my bathroom tap with a new one, I am trying to remove the existing rusty flexible tap connectors from this bit of 22mm copper pipe. But this thing is not budging at all its like its welded or super glued on, I am using some water pliers on both points here but its not...
Replies
Views
I had new taps fitted within the last year on my bathroom sink. When turning on both the hot or cold tap, there is a vibration/squeaking noise, if the turn the tap fully on the noise stops. I have replaced the flexible hoses to both taps and fitted in-line isolation valves. The noise is now...
Replies
Views
Hi, As I need to purchase two new taps for our en suite, I've noticed that almost all taps now come with flexi tails as standard. I've read some horror stories about these bursting / leaking so would prefer rigid fixings like the existing ones they are replacing. I'm looking to purchase this...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I turned my cold water feed off in the airing cupboard which supplies only cold water to my bathroom but it also turned the water to my toilet off is that a correct set up? Because it didn't used to before the stop valve in airing cupboard only turned off the cold water supply to...
Replies
Views
Hi. Could somebody recommend a Muslim shower valve that does not leak please? Or one that has a washer that you can replace if it leaks? Some sort of tap will be fine that you can connect the shower pipe to please, ideally in chrome? Many thanks in advance
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock