Search the forum,

Discuss Looking for plumber London NW2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Looking for a plumber to install a tank and pump to overcome low supply issue. I have been recommended to use the DAB system on this forum. I understand that this would be a day's job. Please let me know if anyone is interested. I need to get this sorted this week if possible but happy to wait till next week for the right person. More details below.

Flat is on the 3rd floor of a building
  • Issue: No water supply during peak times of the day (usually mornings) for 20-30mins
  • Thames Water has checked and says that they are legally responsible only for guaranteeing 1 bar pressure at the property. The reading taken at the time of visit showed 2.2 bars outside the building
  • The building has a narrow pipe of 15mm delivering water to our flat
  • Water pressure measured at my flat during non-peak hours was <1bar (0.9bar)
  • TW and Building management do not want to spend money to resolve this so I am looking for a solution that makes my flat independent of the supply issues
  • The flat next to ours and below ours have a pump and tank system so its doesnt affect them so the management wants us to resolve it internally
  • Our Flat has a megaflow boiler with a vented cylinder. This megaflow was installed when we bought the flat 7 years ago and has not been an issue. However, I understand that megaflo is not recommended where supply can be low.
  • We have two bathrooms in our flat
  • I discovered that there is a cold water tank that used to be connected by the previous owners but has been disconnected since the megaflo was connected 7 years ago. I understand that this is old and likely small (200l) so I am not looking to reuse this.
  • I have spoken to a few plumbers and I have been recommended two solutions:
1) https://www.completepumpsupplies.co.uk/dab-e-sybox-and-tank
This works with a megaflo from what I understand
2) Remove the vented cylinder (and thus loose the megaflo system) and get a regular cylinder and pump

I am not an expert so am open to any other solution that would resolve this issues. Space is not a problem but weight may be.

Last edited:

Reply to Looking for plumber London NW2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock