Search the forum,

Discuss Looking for Nottingham plumbing company to test a new radiator lifting device in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
I'm working with a plumber who have developed a small new device to help with the movement, fitting and lifting of radiators to hopefully make this quicker, easier and safer. We've got the world's first patented prototypes and I'm looking for a plumber who regularly fits radiators, in Nottingham, to give it a go and give some feedback on it. Hopefully you'll think it's great, makes your life a little easier and will be reluctant to give it back at the end of the trial!
Please let me know if you'd be up for this. Many thanks.

263605_sit01.jpg

??

Thanks for the reply Shaun although not sure where to take it? Are you saying this is a big ***bersome radiator lifting device which exists. If so, thank goodness as this is nothing like what we're looking to trial!

check the amazon link out I would say aim for the diy market

Smaller more compact version, being used as twins,

Have these others been built and marketed without patent?

View attachment 46639
Hi, Yes, this solution is patented. Just to clarify the post is to find someone in the Nottingham area to pilot a new solution rather than a request to find existing solutions. I'm looking for user testing / feedback of some prototypes - so that we have a better understanding of what people like / don't like about it. Where it could be improved upon, or it would be could if it had 'X, or it's only good if I'm doing this job / using this type of radiator etc. This is a potential opportunity to shape and input into a new innovation - or possible kill it! Hope this clarifies - thank you.

If it can hold up a big column rad with no adjustment on its brackets, so you can mark and then place the rad onto the brackets I would use it!

If it only did normal horizontal panel rads I wouldn’t bother.

Hope that is of use to you - good luck.

I fitted a 3.0 meter double last week by myself .
Had a lift in the house with it though, lad didn’t believe I could do it by myself .

i find it’s the centre bracket that always creates the problem

For a biggy I have two little timber frames one for each end. Place these perpendicular to wall - sitting on my little hedgehog airbags,rad on them - slide/walk rad to wall then a couple of pumps on the airbag and onto brackets- works for me.
I do a similar thing for most wallhung pans too.

Pi$$ weak attempt at helping someone Fellas.

More help is given to DIY'ers ( no offense to them ) for doing their own plumbing and heating than to this guy.

This guy is offering a free item for evaluation by experienced plumbers to try out.
All he wants is some professional advice.

Maybe his OP should say DIY'er wants Plumbing Company to test radiator lifting device.
( No offense to DIY'ers )

All everyone has done is bag him and come up with other ***bersome items already available.
Maybe he knows that and has come up with something no one has thought of.

I'll guess we'll never know, because, if I was the OP, I would have dumped this forum after the first couple of replies.

Why not help and assist the bloke?

He has come to the forum for advice on something that may actually help plumbers and heating installers.

I'm sure he didn't come on here to be berated or ridiculed about something he wants advice on.

Then again - this site is for Professionals giving their advice to non professionals on how to plumb and heat their houses - For Free!

My rant. I'm over it

He asked for someone in Nottingham- that obviously counts out most of us.
If you re-read , we are in fact mostly saying how we approach this task at the moment, which is surely helpful or at worst redundant information for the guy.
I personally wish him luck, as I stated in my first post.

He asked for someone in Nottingham- that obviously counts out most of us.
If you re-read , we are in fact mostly saying how we approach this task at the moment, which is surely helpful or at worst redundant information for the guy.
I personally wish him luck, as I stated in my first post.

From what I can gather, I don't think string lines and laser levels are what he has invented.

FWIW: I use a string line on panels that have 3 brackets.

The post says Radiator Lifting Device - not fitting methods.

As for wishing him luck - why not see what he has to offer.

What can I say - 2 dislikes from a bloke that uses this method.

Without seeing what the OP has to offer.

No further comments - Your Honour

Carry enough sh!te around with me. Who needs something else to carry round like them nerrad tap braces etc.

If I'm drilling holes for rads then the drill box is there.

Work smarter, not harder 👍👍

Charming Reply!!!

From your post, I gather, that what you think this guy has to offer is Rubbish.
Without seeing or using it.

It doesn't suit you so it mustn't suit anyone else.

Super Mod - aka only Mod - agrees with you.
Is he referring to using a drill box to assist with hanging radiators or carrying too much equipment around.

Don't think it has to do with the Work Smarter Not Harder comment, because, like you, he doesn't know what this bloke has to offer - either do I for that fact.

But this forum will never know.

Opportunity Missed as far as I am concerned.

Charming Reply!!!

From your post, I gather, that what you think this guy has to offer is Rubbish.
Without seeing or using it.

It doesn't suit you so it mustn't suit anyone else.

Super Mod - aka only Mod - agrees with you.
Is he referring to using a drill box to assist with hanging radiators or carrying too much equipment around.

Don't think it has to do with the Work Smarter Not Harder comment, because, like you, he doesn't know what this bloke has to offer - either do I for that fact.

But this forum will never know.

Opportunity Missed as far as I am concerned.

Get over yourself. Christ almighty. "Charming reply!!!" 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I disagreed with your rant, dont like it, tough sh!te. I didn't see anybody tearing the op a new one, just ways they do it at the moment.

I dont give a flying feck what you think I think!

I did not say or imply:-

1. Its rubbish.

2. It doesn't suit me!

I merely stated what i used to get the job done and the fact it's there with me makes it even easier.

Exactly - not worth the effort.

As stated Simon - doesn't suit you or your interest, so it 'obviously' doesn't suit anyone else's interests.

Go find a DIYer to help!

Simon, I chilled and had a few beers.

Some of the members and myself, on this forum might have been interested in what this guy has to offer.

Guess we'll never know because you and 'Super Mod' put an end to that.

I think this person deserved more.
He come to the Forum, offering his product for evaluation, help, advice, feedback and got bagged

It's not what the site promotes itself on.

He'll never be back again and think that we are a right bunch of pricks.

And mostly from comments / reply's from 'Super Mod' and well esteemed cohorts.

Glad to hear it, although a few more may be in order.

I'm sure anybody truly interested will have been in touch directly with th op, who I believe is a lead generation company.

Reply to Looking for Nottingham plumbing company to test a new radiator lifting device in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock