Search the forum,

Discuss Looking for mixer taps with shower attachment unusual size. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi I am reusing an old cast iron bath but when measuring the distance bettween center of tap holes the results came out 7.5 inch (190mm). I notice all the mixers with attachments are usually 180mm so will I just have to settle on single taps or can I buy 190mm mixers?

I think standard might still fit as many bath hole diameters have a good bit of play especially the older ones so u might get lucky

You could use the telephone type shower mixers. You can get them in old style traditional look, or more modern versions. Look great on cast iron baths.
Just be sure to buy the offset 2 part leg type (they have chrome elbows at rear of mixer joined to offset legs that will swivel. Cheaper one piece leg mixers are fixed width)

You could use the telephone type shower mixers. You can get them in old style traditional look, or more modern versions. Look great on cast iron baths.
Just be sure to buy the offset 2 part leg type (they have chrome elbows at rear of mixer joined to offset legs that will swivel. Cheaper one piece leg mixers are fixed width)

Do you mean these sort of things Elod Traditional Bath Shower Mixer Tap | Furniture123

It says 200mm in the dimension picture? they also look like they can rotate?

taps.JPG

Yeah that kind of put me off but I may risk it as that is just a reply when the main description says 200mm and the image looks like it has riser that will rotate to the 190mm I am after.

taps2.JPG

taps 3.JPG

Yeah that kind of put me off but I may risk it as that is just a reply when the main description says 200mm and the image looks like it has riser that will rotate to the 190mm I am after.

View attachment 34560

View attachment 34561

Those are slightly different than the usual 2 part leg bath mixers I was thinking of, but that might still do the job.
The offset legs will swivel 5 mm each side I guess.

Please do. Would be interested to know for the future.

Harvest, I prefer the offset leg type mixers on old cast baths so I can cover the holes, keeping the flanges of new mixer centre. Good also for keeping the mixer away from the wall, avoiding a tight gap for dirt and water to trap.
I had to replace an old kitchen sink mixer recently on a cast iron sink which had oddball hole width. Customer also went for the offset leg (bridge) mixer as I advised.
Was handy to tape 10mm or so around the holes in sink so to show the mixer was in position before final tighten of offset leg nuts

Reply to Looking for mixer taps with shower attachment unusual size. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I recently had a plumber come over to look at a badly leaking shower head. As best I can recall, he described the problem as a crack in the bridge of the cold water pipe and explained that there were two options: 1. Get into the wall with a jackhammer to fix the problem; or 2. Install one of...
Replies
Views
Complete amateur here ! Shower mixer tap Is Dribbling. I was hoping to see a washer when I took it apart. See attached pic. how do I fix/replace?
Replies
Views
I have just replaced the old bathroom basin mono mixer taps, 2 tap heads, standard compression valve type, to a modern mono mixer single lever type. For some reason the hot water running on the new single lever mono mixer tap is slow flowing compared to the old ones. The cold water running...
Replies
Views
Hi All Just looking for some advice on which Exposed Thermostatic Mixer Shower (Bar Shower) would go well with the Shower Pump i'm getting installed. So the pump is the - SALAMANDER PUMPS CT FORCE 30 SU REGENERATIVE SINGLE SHOWER PUMP 3.0BAR from ScrewFix - seems like a decent one for the...
Replies
Views
P
Hi, I am trying to get into a tap to change a washer but havent a clue as to how to do it. The tap is unlike anything I've ever come across. It's a bathroom basin unit mixer and the only way I can describe it is that it looks like a dogs face. It has a long nose spout and two handles like eyes...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock