Search the forum,

Discuss Looking for info about UFH with ASHP in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

Looking for some advice. Recently moved into a new house and we've been doing bit and pieces to it, we're now at the point where we're looking at the heating system. There is currently a multi-fuel burner which provides hot water and heat for the radiators, there is also an immersion heater to provide hot water, which we usually avoid using due to the cost. The fuel burner is in the dining room and the living room, dining room and kitchen are open plan. Currently there are no radiators in this area of the house.

What we're thinking about doing is ripping out the fuel burner, putting in an air sourced heat pump and underfloor heating (just having UFH in the living room, dining room and kitchen). The rest of the house will still use radiators. We're replacing the floor in these areas so doing the UFH makes sense while the floor is up anyway.

We have a water tank upstairs and a separate smaller tank for the heating system.

So my questions are, is this a viable option? Is it "simply" a case of ripping out the burner, connecting the ASHP to and UFH to the existing pipework, installing a thermostat and we're good to go? I get that it's probably a lot of work to do these things, but is that all that involved? Or is there more to it?

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

Alex

What size pipework is on the rads upstairs atm ?

If you don’t mind roughly what’s your budget?

Your in the ball park have a look at heatgeek and there u tube channel they should have a map of registered decent installers or maybe email them

Reply to Looking for info about UFH with ASHP in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock