Search the forum,

Discuss Looking for advice with new boiler fitting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there, looking for a bit of advice. Need a new boiler (combi) Havnt got the money to pay for one up front. So we're talking financed monthly payment.
Anyhow my twenty yr old daughter searched online and arranged for someone to come and give us a quote . I was at work when they came. He's had a look and said we need to replace some of our plastic piping with copper and included that with the price. He's since messaged her and said his boss has informed him that all the plastic piping must be replaced with copper. All I'm asking is does this sound legit? I'm quite happy to pay if it sounds right, just been on some forums and some say plastic some say copper and as a complete novice I'd like to ask folk who have a better idea than myself.
Thanks in advance

Do they state a reason why ? If not can you ask them and come back to us ?

i would ask why stating b regs there arnt any

Post some pictures of your existing boiler
Will give us a better idea

Gas line must be copper. First meter minimum of most other connections, copper. PRV pipework copper all the way to outside.

My boiler is Defo very poorly. I have no issue with getting a new one , I have a choice of hot water or heating I obv went for water as I can plug things in to heat.

image.jpeg

My boiler is Defo very poorly. I have no issue with getting a new one , I have a choice of hot water or heating I obv went for water as I can plug things in to heat.

View attachment 35817
If you get an intergas boiler, certainly the Rapid 25 or 32, they're very reasonably priced and can be configured from the control panel to be heat only, how water only, system or full combi. Giving you flexibility to add or subtract to your system at any point.
Just a thought.

Reply to Looking for advice with new boiler fitting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock