Search the forum,

Discuss Looking for a plumbing solution for mixer tap noise (not water hammer) in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all

My neighbour has recently completed some bathroom renovations and in the process installed wall-mounted mixer taps (previously cross taps).

This is creating a significant gushing sound through our shared wall when water is running through the tap.

Has anyone heard of this before and does anyone have any ideas how to fix it?

Reply to Looking for a plumbing solution for mixer tap noise (not water hammer) in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied from cold water tanks in the loft. It is a vented system. However, in a basement flat and a ground floor flat cold water supply to bathrooms is...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
I have read a few threads including one by Debbie Stano that were similar to my issue but that thread stopped a while back without any resolution I could see. I'm in Brisbane, Australia but I'm after general ideas from anyone here or in UK (I realise this is a UK based site). Point form...
Replies
Views
L
We noticed some black gunk/residue on the cold water mixer hose - see photos. I was wondering what the root cause could be and whether we should replace just the cold water mixer hose or the entire mixer tap. Maybe there is another solution - would be great to know. Thank you very much.
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I recently had a plumber come over to look at a badly leaking shower head. As best I can recall, he described the problem as a crack in the bridge of the cold water pipe and explained that there were two options: 1. Get into the wall with a jackhammer to fix the problem; or 2. Install one of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock