Search the forum,

Discuss Looking for a heating engineer (contractor) to represent us. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

EUengineer

We are a Romanian company activating in plumbing/heating area.

My name is Rasvan Tiberiu (you can call me Tiby) and I am the manager of the company. I am running this small business since 2006.

I am looking for a person (company) who can represent us in UK in order to perform heating/plumbing works in UK.

We have experienced employees who can carry out a various jobs in the area.

The company has here in Romania all the gas accreditations to perform. I am even thinking about registering my company in UK and register it with gas safe U.K.

Eng. Tiberiu Rasvan (Tiby)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Tiby. Although i wish you every success. The plumbing industry in the UK is far from buoyant at the present time. The bigoted amongst us are quick to blame Eastern block labour for all our ailments. Based on this fact you may well be peaing in the wind at this moment of time.Good Luck

I am surprised to see the fear when UK professionals hear about East European ppl working in plumbing/heating area in UK.
Are we so fearsome ?
For a market as big as UK I think it is a insignificant the number of foreigners who are working there.

I am surprised to see the fear when UK professionals hear about East European ppl working in plumbing/heating area in UK.
Are we so fearsome ?
For a market as big as UK I think it is a insignificant the number of foreigners who are working there.

not politically correct but there you go

so basically we are being asked to immigrate workers. to do the work we are trying hard to secure....

fearsome no - annoying slightly.

concentrate on your own country pal, we'll concentrate on ours.

any workers i'll be employing will be young lads from our local schools who currently are struggling to get apprenticeships due to us being overrun by the eastern block.

We are a Romanian company activating in plumbing/heating area.

My name is Rasvan Tiberiu (you can call me Tiby) and I am the manager of the company. I am running this small business since 2006.

I am looking for a person (company) who can represent us in UK in order to perform heating/plumbing works in UK.

We have experienced employees who can carry out a various jobs in the area.

The company has here in Romania all the gas accreditations to perform. I am even thinking about registering my company in UK and register it with gas safe UK.

Anyway if is someone who is interested in a cooperation in finding jobs together in UK, feel free to email or phone me : [email protected] , Mobile 0040755668728

Eng. Tiberiu Rasvan (Tiby)

As long as all your employees took the acs courses and passed, I could see no problem ,but as some of the questions are double negatives and nonsensical to me an english speaker by birth I cant see your lads passing very easily. IMHO the relevance of europe to GB isfast becoming a burden we could do without and Id like to see us back as an independant island again without the channel tunnel which is fast becoming a rat run for lots of imports we could do without.:rolleyes: Still at least we have free speech in this little island of ours:)

so basically we are being asked to immigrate workers. to do the work we are trying hard to secure....

fearsome no - annoying slightly.

concentrate on your own country pal, we'll concentrate on ours.

any workers i'll be employing will be young lads from our local schools who currently are struggling to get apprenticeships due to us being overrun by the eastern block.

I can understand you , and I imagine how this is look like from your point of vue.
Anyway, a part of me still don-t understand why a native GB must be better than me and must have more rights on a free market than any other.
I can say foreign companies are more than present in our countries and I never heard anybody to complain that we must compete with them. Simply all we have to do is trying to be as good or better than them or like any competitor no matter where he come from.

The idea : "The Island is only for us - any stranger must go home or anywhere he wants but leave us alone" do not seem to me some modern or superior or civilized issue . We admire and look with respect to countries like GB because of it-s past, it-s democracy and civilized ppl.
I will not lie and I admit I would like to experience a little bit of what UK means.

So , I don-t know what is stronger : the idea that is not fair to be present on the UK market because I will disturb the labour market or the desire to work and experience being there. !?!?

Still on the local market,
Tiby.

As long as all your employees took the acs courses and passed, I could see no problem ,but as some of the questions are double negatives and nonsensical to me an english speaker by birth I cant see your lads passing very easily.

I agree with that. Sincerely I didn-t hear nobody here at home to intend to go working in UK as a professional (other than me) just underqualified workers in agriculture.
I studied the ACS schemes and the steps of being a acreditted heating engineer in Uk and it is not easy. Also it seems the competition is very tuff and that-s why the level of services must be very high in order to make money .

Still I have no doubts I can do it if I want. Here an engineer must have a solid theoretical backround. For example only after graduation a minimum 12 years school + 5 years technical college as a mechanical engineer with bachelor diploma we can begin the steps for accreditation as individuals.
Not to mention the field experience. We also must have separate courses for each type of boiler we are dealing with the boiler manufacturer wich we must repeat yearly. Any accreditation we must renew after 2 years.

For example it seems to me that the meaning of "heating engineer" is different . Here there are no engineers who makes plumbing work. These are made by plumbers. Those who are working with "on hand" boiler servicing are "technicians". There are a few engineers yet with "on hand" experience . Mainly the ones who happens to like to do it and are passioned in it. Otherwise, the "Mr engineer" have other responsabilities as supervising, design, tendering, dealing with the client and so.

The issues are more restrictive with the companies accreditations. Here the regulations do not permit to work as individual only as part of an accredited company. All companies in the area must have latest ISO management quality implemented. The list of requirements is too long and annoying to type.

So I do not feel that I cannot pass the ACS at all.
There are other things I am thinking about.

With respect,
Tiby

tiby's 'ground rules' seem much easier to complete than some fast track courses ive heard about!
if it was down to employing one or the other, i think i'd prefer tiby's

EUengineer,

The problem with a lot of the British is that they are xenophobic, think that they are the best and all other countries standards are way below the British standards, and also they have been "brain-washed" to be anti Europe by the British newspapers

Whilst the British might have had some of the best standards 50 odd years ago, their standards have slipped badly since then, partially by dilution of the training of apprentices, doing away with technical colleges, and the institution of so called "fast track training" skill centres who's sole object is to make money out of the punters who fall for the idea of becoming a plumber in 6 months and earning thousands of pounds

Visit the UK by all means as a visitor and see just how low the standards are when compared to your own countries standards

EUengineer,

The problem with a lot of the British is that they are xenophobic, think that they are the best and all other countries standards are way below the British standards, and also they have been "brain-washed" to be anti Europe by the British newspapers

Whilst the British might have had some of the best standards 50 odd years ago, their standards have slipped badly since then, partially by dilution of the training of apprentices, doing away with technical colleges, and the institution of so called "fast track training" skill centres who's sole object is to make money out of the punters who fall for the idea of becoming a plumber in 6 months and earning thousands of pounds

Visit the UK by all means as a visitor and see just how low the standards are when compared to your own countries standards

Our standards were good enough for you on d day, still memories fade, different europe if we had not intervened back then:rolleyes:

On a note about standards, on a visit to your sunny land last year, I looked at my brother in laws sewerage system as it wasnt flushing away to well, only to discover the local (french) plumber had not bothered to connect the soil pipe to a main drain/cess pit, but just left everything flowing into a hole in the ground. Seems french standards havent changed much in the last 100 years!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Looking for a heating engineer (contractor) to represent us. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock