Search the forum,

Discuss Looking for 4+ metres of 40mm flexible waste pipe to attach to a sink in my shed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all, can anyone assist me with locating somewhere from which to purchase a long length (at least 4 metres) of 40mm diameter standard flexible sink waste pipe? I have been searching all over the place and nowhere seems to sell it in long lengths, only the standard lengths. I just need it to run from a sink in my shed attached by a female threaded coupler, through the shed floor and out to an outside drain (on top of the ground, not embedded). It is for temporary use and will not remain outside on the ground all the time, only when I occasionally use the sink in the shed to clean things. All advise greatly appreciated.
Many thanks,
Kerry

Materials are not available in certain sizes because they are rarely if ever used in that way. If you must have overground drainage use a length of waste pipe, drain pipe or guttering to your drain and connect to that from your sink somehow, better still get someone in.

The waste pipe doesnt have to be a certain size as such, just longer than the distance from the shed to the drain - it's where I can buy a length of waste pipe that I'm looking for - I think I have found the correct connector I need to get (attached), but just need to find somewhere that sells waste pipe, preferably off a roll so I can just select any length.

Push Fit Threaded Coupling White 40mm.JPG

Last edited:
You can't really buy waste pipe off a roll, other types of fexible piping as above yes. You can buy two straight lengths of waste pipe (2 or 3m) from your local DIY shed and connect them together with a coupler to make up the length you require.

You can't really buy waste pipe off a roll, other types of fexible piping as above yes. You can buy two straight lengths of waste pipe (2 or 3m) from your local DIY shed and connect them together with a coupler to make up the length you require.

Thanks :) it really needs to be a flexible pipe though as it will only be rolled out temporarily when the sink is in use and rolled up and put away again afterwards.

You need an Industrial hose supplier, somewhere similar to these;
Hydraulic Hose, Industrial Hose, Metal Hose, Caterhose, Solarhose, Fittings

You'll probably find a local one who will cut to length as opposed to the above selling full rolls.

I used to use 1.5" flexible on Supermarket fridge drains, never had to personally pay for it tho'..

Forget the above, try this;
BLACK CORRUGATED FLEXIBLE POND HOSE FISH GARDEN FILTER PUMP MARINE FLEXI PIPE | eBay

Funny you should mention pond hose, as I did look into this 2 days ago - I sent an email to an ebay seller asking if it would still fit into a standard push-fit coupler given that the plastic is thicker and they didnt seem to think it would - if it did it would be the perfect idea! Do you think it would fit? It was an aquarian supplier that I contacted and he simply said he didnt know of any connectors/parts that would connect the hose to the underneath of a sink.

Y
One of these instead of what you linked, cut the threads off, then push the hose over that and hold on with Jubilee clip, or tie wrap as it's not under pressure.

I assume you are fixing direct to the sink waste?

https://www.screwfix.com/p/mcalpine-t12a-3-1-bsp-coupler-white-40mm-x-40mm/7195v

Yes I would be fixing directly to the sink waste, which is threaded - how would the other end of this coupler fit to the sink waste (the end with the black ring), as it doesnt look to be threaded?

how would the other end of this coupler fit to the sink waste (the end with the black ring), as it doesnt look to be threaded?

It's threade inside the nut, use magnify on the Screwfix picture and you can see.

Thank you very much for your advice on this:) As you can tell, I'm not experienced with plumbing at all :s Will try the pond hose idea.

Reply to Looking for 4+ metres of 40mm flexible waste pipe to attach to a sink in my shed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock