Search the forum,

Discuss Long Sink/dishwasher waste pipe in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Morning all,

A diy'er here. I'm installing a new kitchen in a room on the opposite side of the house and need run the sink and dishwasher waste under the floor to the opposite side and go out where the existing kitchen is, around 9m. The driveway and garage are outside the wall in the new location which is why want to avoid a lot of work and disruption on that side.

It's a suspended timber floor and the cavity is more than deep enough for the 25mm drop per metre (is that enough over that distance?). I'll need to put two 45 degree bends in.

As long as the pipe is fully supported, do I need to make any more considerations?

Thanks

Would recommend 50mm and venting sink end as your over the max distance

Thats more than double the recommended pipe run length so get it large as possible in diameter even if it over a short distance , it must be vented and allow rodding access in case of future blockages . Kop

Thats more than double the recommended pipe run length so get it large as possible in diameter even if it over a short distance , it must be vented and allow rodding access in case of future blockages . Kop
Thanks both for the replies.

My existing sink waste pipes aren't connecting directly into a main waste pipe like the 110mm ones, they are above an old style external open grate and just funnel into that, do I still need a vent in this instance?

I was just going to run 50mm pipe, is that enough?

Thanks

Reply to Long Sink/dishwasher waste pipe in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock