Search the forum,

Discuss Long delay with DHW is an electric boost an option? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

mgw

I don't want to have just electric heated water, when using a lot it makes sense to take it from the 30 gallon hot water tank, however in the kitchen the amount of water I need to run is silly, so I looked at an under sink heater with idea of feeding it with hot water so I can select if heated by electric by flick of switch, and if off still hot water at tap.

However when I came to look the units were rated 1 to 6 bar, and say cold water only, so not sure now if a good idea, also clearly if not switched on then an extra 5 litres before I get hot, so decided to wait until done a winter in the house before doing anything.

However I can't be only person to complain about the delay getting hot water, the idea of a return and pump is out as no access under floor boards, but maybe there is some thing I have not considered, hence post, in real terms one litre of hot water is enough, only to wash hands, any more then no problem running until hot, but having just enough to quickly wash hands is what I want.

What sort of boiler, combi, system or conventional as there are simple solutions out there depending on your system
centralheatking

It is a conventional oil boiler using a C plan modified with thermo syphon DHW no thermostat purely timed in summer. Header tank so not that much pressure.

So winter loads of hot water there, but takes a long time to reach the taps.

Really depends on your hot water system.
But you will find that the costs of installing and materials will be more than the wasted hot water costs, over the lifetime of the electric heater

Really depends on your hot water system.
But you will find that the costs of installing and materials will be more than the wasted hot water costs, over the lifetime of the electric heater
This is why I want to feed it with hot water, what I want is to reduce time it takes to get hot water to kitchen sink, bathrooms and toilets are close enough or not used enough to matter, but been living in a house for 3 years where boiler was in the kitchen so hot water was there within minutes, but with this house it takes so long to get hot water in the kitchen.

I remember years ago working on the build of Sizewell 'B' I was given a water heater that should have used a special tap, the threads had gone, but using it in a caravan no pressure so flexible pipes, cold water in forced hot water out, changed element to 1 kW.

So know there are units that work with low pressure, but in last 30 years I am sure there are new things that will likely work better. But internet hunt and so much is USA or rubbish. Hence the question.

Surely with the cost of oil it would be cheaper to run on a immersion heater in the cylinder & a small 7/10 Litre water heater under to sink during the summer at least ?

A 7 or 10 Litre Hotflo water heater (Heatrae Sadia) could be installed under the sink on the hot supply if required to overcome the deadly issue.

Reply to Long delay with DHW is an electric boost an option? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock