Search the forum,

Discuss Logic plus combi 30 scalding dhw in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Tommo25

Gas Engineer
Hi I have a boiler to service - ideal logic plus combi 30kw. Customer says when heating has been on for a while and they he runs the hot water the water is scalding hot.
Anyone have a any ideas? I was thinking maybe thermister on flow?

if the heating is on on a combi and rads up to temp that boiler is going to be running at 60 to 70c. when you first open a tap that heat has to go into the plate and then into the hot water. the first slug of hot water is going to be on the hot side until the boiler stabilises to whatever temp the hot water is set to. on low hot water flow this will take longer to settle down. logic plus will display flow temp to heating when tap turned on so you know temp boiler running at then relies on correct flow thru plate to heat water to desired temp which if all is working correctly should be at same temp as main hex return thermistor

Last edited:

Reply to Logic plus combi 30 scalding dhw in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock