Search the forum,

Discuss Logic Heat 15 constantly Calling for Heat and turning on/off in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello all, new member here and got a problem!

I have a Logic Heat 15 boiler. I noticed the other day that it was switching on and off. I had a look at the boiler and the status light constantly shows “C” and the burner light will turn on for a minute, then off for a couple minutes, then on for a minute, and repeat.

I have looked online and found out that “C” status light means that the boiler is calling for heat, but even when I switch both Heating and Hot Water off on the programmer, the light still shows “C” and the burner will do the same on and off. This is constant.

Some online advice said to try and turn the thermostat down with heating and HW off but that doesn’t fix it. Others said about it being a faulty or stuck zone valve, but I have taken both the covers off of my valves and oiled the valves up and they aren’t sticky anymore. They were before but they’ve been freed off now, but the boiler is still always on and off.

Does anyone know what the problem could be? It’s driving me crazy and surely can’t be doing the boiler or gas bill any good!

Zone valve probably got a stuck micro switch so valve may well operate what looks normally but stay on.
Probably need replacement,if you have a multi meter and are competent to use it easy to check by going into wireing center and checking if orange wires are live when motorised valves are off.

Reply to Logic Heat 15 constantly Calling for Heat and turning on/off in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock