Search the forum,

Discuss Logic Combi ESP1 35 always showing demand for Central heating in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

If the link is just removed and the stats are still switching the supply then thiseans that they are fed from elsewhere and the black wire should be inserted in terminal 3, period.??

I believe i understand this now :)

The black wire which enters to the bottom of the Room STAT/Timer block link is carrying power which is carried over through the link into the red wire leaving the bottom and activates the demand for central heating. Hence the boiler firing constantly.

By removing the link and placing the black wire in the 4th position (counting from the earth as number 1) as soon as the thermostats activate, power travels down the black wire and the demand for central heating fires the boiler.

Is my understanding correct?

Attachments

• final pic.JPG
    final pic.JPG
    152.4 KB · Views: 13
What number terminal is this please, from the left.
I agree with your post #36
From the technical sheet, diagram C, the boiler requires switched mains on terminal 3 from the left - ie the left hand connection of the red link, which will be removed.
So the black wire goes there, and nothing goes in the next one, according to diagram C.

The black wire which enters to the bottom of the Room STAT/Timer block link is carrying power which is carried over through the link into the red wire leaving the bottom and activates the demand for central heating. Hence the boiler firing constantly.

By removing the link and placing the black wire in the 4th position (counting from the earth as number 1) as soon as the thermostats activate, power travels down the black wire and the demand for central heating fires the boiler.

No that is not consistent with what Diagram C shows. Surely the power needs to be fed into the next terminal along - the 5th position as you are counting?

This assumes that all the wiring centre power is coming from the same supply circuit as the boiler.
That is the proper and most likely arrangement.

But if you get issues with an rcd tripping (not MCB) then that would point to them being on different circuits from the consumer unit, which would need to be corrected.

Edit correct

To be sure to be sure, remove the link and check for power at terminal 4 (from left)) if 230V there and 0V at termina 3 then black wire goes to terminal 3 .

Terminal (from left) 3 Shaun if terminal 4 is live with link removed?? (post 15).

Sorry just seen instructions yep

That's great news.

During all the time your boiler was running on/off with the zone valves closed how did the boiler have minimum circulation?
Is there a ABV installed and if so is/was it noisy in operation, if installed, what make.

Your boiler may have its own internal by pass which must be pretty good otherwise all that running with no flow wouldn't have done the Hx any good or maybe its stainless.

Reply to Logic Combi ESP1 35 always showing demand for Central heating in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock