Search the forum,

Discuss log Burner Heat exchange? in the Renewables area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all.

Does anyone know of a small water heat system that I can attach directly to the back of my log burner, in my living room, that can conduct the heat (by contact) of the log burner and flow the hot water to a panel radiator in another room (e.g. conservatory)?

I only want a very simple system, to heat one radiator together with any other components (e.g. pump) required and am not sure if this is possible, or even if it is legal.
I would prefer not to have to install a water large tank.

My conservatory has no heating and it seems a shame that I cannot use the heat from the log burner to provide some 'free' heat to another room.

Any advice much appreciated.

Cheers.

Shanz

Last edited:
To be blunt its a no even if your log burner can be after fitted with a small boiler there is no 'cheap and cheerful ' way to correctly and safely do what your after.

Probably £2,000 / £2,500 at a rough estimate to do what you're needing.

Get swamped with daft requests for twinning stoves with boilers. 99% disappear when I say it will be over £2,000 to sort.

Probably £2,000 / £2,500 at a rough estimate to do what you're needing.

Get swamped with daft requests for twinning stoves with boilers. 99% disappear when I say it will be over £2,000 to sort.
I see that Charnwood are offering a flue boiler for some of there stoves
From their website, Charnwood Flue Boiler - Charnwood Stoves - https://www.charnwood.com/all-stoves/stove-accessories/all-ranges/charnwood-flue-boiler/

The Charnwood Flue Boiler replaces the first few feet of the standard flue rising from the top of the stove and utilises the excess heat from the appliance that would otherwise be lost. In addition to this because the boiler is external the stove maintains its high clean-burn combustion efficiency.

Depending on the size of stove and subsequent flue boiler, outputs of between 1.8 and 3.4 kW can be achieved with minimal effect on the nominal output of the stove. This can provide sufficient heat for domestic hot water and up to 3 radiators. The flue boiler comes in 3 sizes to fit Cranmore, Aire, Cove, Island, C-Series, Bembridge and Country 4 models.

Reply to log Burner Heat exchange? in the Renewables area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock