Search the forum,

Discuss Loft cold water tank - not a pretty sight in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All - recently moved into a 3br 2storey mid terrace from the early 80s and looking in the loft the plastic "coffin" tank for the gravity flow has obviously been left with its lid off for some time and looks pretty ugly inside.
Would you advise replacement ? Or do folks clean them? It's readily accessible via hatch and now would be a good time as new carpets due next month, bank willing. Any advice welcomed ! (Plumber in Bracknell area?)

We use wet vacs for these type of jobs , if its an good order , I definitely wouldnt change it , but maybe clean it before the new carpets lol

depends two options make a lid and clean the tank or change the tank upto you tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Loft cold water tank - not a pretty sight in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated house (4 bathrooms is tragic). Current set up is: A hot/cold mixer in the main ensuite which is ok as long as you don't run anything else. One electric...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied from cold water tanks in the loft. It is a vented system. However, in a basement flat and a ground floor flat cold water supply to bathrooms is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
In my loft I have a circular 50-gallon cold water header tank which had a lash-up of insulation. (It still does.) An Internet search of suppliers in my town (population 170,000+) failed to find a suitable jacket, so I ordered one on-line (where there was hardly any choice). It proved to be...
Replies
Views
D
Hello. In this recent cold snap my loft has been getting condensation droplets form on the bitumen membrane. I had previously installed lap vents and minimised storage to improve air flow. The loft is well insulated apart form an area under the cold water tank. However my cold water tank is...
Replies
Views
DDangerous
D
Hi, I wonder if you could help me. The overflow pipe drips intermittently from the large cold water storage tank in the loft. Not the small F and E tank. The ball valve has been checked and is working ok. The vent pipe from the hot water cylinder is not venting any water into the tank, and the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock