Search the forum,

Discuss Lock out issue Concord CX60 boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI all, this is my 1st post. I have a Concord CX 60 boiler, very simple and reliable boiler which occasionally presents a lock out. I'm fed up.of having to deal with Gas Safe approved individuals whose only training in diagnosis and fault finding is to rebuild the boiler by replacing parts until the issue is fixed. With the customer paying for the unnecessary parts and the additional time the engineer charges as a result of his own slap dash approach.

I am seeking an engineer who prides himself on fault finding and whose first thought is to reach for the multimeter and U gage to check items such as the standing pressure to gas valve, main boards, the power supply, the potentiometer, the t/c, loom from valve, the immersions in cylinders, the wiring centre etc instead of just guessing, (albeit an educated guess) that you need a new gas valve, o/heat stat etc when they just don't know what the issue really is.

I am looking for an engineer to fix a current lock out issue at a reasonable rate who will then be my engineer of choice for all future needs other jobs available. If this sounds like it could be for you, the job is in N17 8HH and I look forward to hearing from you.

Has a dirty system/bad pump/blockage been ruled out
Or have you directed the GSR's straight to the boiler
Not all GSR's are the same, just like not all people are the same
Look for an established company/one man band (with a good few yrs trading)
Don't just go for the glossy ads, word of mouth is usually better
A one man band that's been going for a good few yrs (6/8 or more) will usually still be getting work because he/she knows what they're doing
Also, what do you call a fair rate

When you say it locks out is it overheating?
If that's what you meant, what size are the pipes from the back.
Is this in a commercial property?
What size is the flue?

Has a dirty system/bad pump/blockage been ruled out
Or have you directed the GSR's straight to the boiler
Not all GSR's are the same, just like not all people are the same
Look for an established company/one man band (with a good few yrs trading)
Don't just go for the glossy ads, word of mouth is usually better
A one man band that's been going for a good few yrs (6/8 or more) will usually still be getting work because he/she knows what they're doing
Also, what do you call a fair rate

Hi thanks for your reply, that's my point such things as a dirty system/bad pump/blockage has not been investigated it seems they are only interested in a quick fix I will put this on my list on things to check, could you elaborate on the GSR p[lease.

When you say it locks out is it overheating?
If that's what you meant, what size are the pipes from the back.
Is this in a commercial property?
What size is the flue?

No its not overheating, locks out B4 reaching temperature. Pipes are large dia not sure size
Mixed use property
Flue size i think 175

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Lock out issue Concord CX60 boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock