Search the forum,

Discuss Location of megaflo in overall household pipework? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

A

Amarka

Hi all. If you were retrofitting a Megaflo with system boiler, would you be wanting to have a direct mains water feed going into the Megaflo first and then the feed continuing into the rest of the house or doesn't it matter? At the moment, the mains water go straight into the kitchen (where the stopcock is) and then feeds the kitchen sink first before all the other outlets...bathroom shower washing machine etc etc. Would the Megaflo need the feed before the kitchen sink? I hope I’m making sense. Thanks all

Mains cold to the cylinder, then balanced cold out to the house is a good setup.
Thanks scott_d. Is this the normal approach advised by professional plumbers? Just thinking the kitchen is at the back of the house and I can see the main feed coming out of the ground into the kitchen cupboard. If the Megaflo was located in the garage in the front of the house, this would require a new mains feed from the meter (located under the block paved front drive). Would the feed than rejoin the existing feed or just continue as a fresh new feed?

Thanks scott_d. Is this the normal approach advised by professional plumbers? Just thinking the kitchen is at the back of the house and I can see the main feed coming out of the ground into the kitchen cupboard. If the Megaflo was located in the garage in the front of the house, this would require a new mains feed from the meter (located under the block paved front drive). Would the feed than rejoin the existing feed or just continue as a fresh new feed?
Where possible yes.
I obviously havent seen the job but I would think you need a 22mm pipe from the kitchen stop tap to the cylinder (you could take a cold supply for the kitchen if it saves lots of work)
Then from the cylinder a balanced cold and hot out to the bathrooms.
You could have a secondary return if its a large house with a long run for hot water.

Where possible yes.
I obviously havent seen the job but I would think you need a 22mm pipe from the kitchen stop tap to the cylinder (you could take a cold supply for the kitchen if it saves lots of work)
Then from the cylinder a balanced cold and hot out to the bathrooms.
You could have a secondary return if its a large house with a long run for hot water.
Makes sense. Thanks for your advice. Really appreciated. 🍻

Reply to Location of megaflo in overall household pipework? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock