Search the forum,

Discuss location of flue outlet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickie

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
if a fanned flue exits above a garage flat roof at 300mm but also has the property roof up from the garage roof which every winter, it gets a snow avalanche, leaving about 3 feet deep..

still legal ? aps turns boiler off anyway.

thoughts?

if you are alert of weather conditions you should take reasonable practical act to install that it will not be damaged by snow !
therefore change flue position !mpo
I am sure there was something on the book about it ,wait for kirk to come on line !

siteing of flues dont take into account extreme snow,but can you post a picture up?

249628_10150188002881286_644376285_7406991_6612084_n.jpg

Beauty with modern room sealed boilers mickie is that they're prety safe no matter how compromising the instillation. Your picture seems to show a pretty thin garage however, I'd be havin a go at the builder who said me Merc would fit in there!!! LOL

flue outlet is white lol, just search around where i dug it out.. small round white terminal

looks close to the window,the snows a every winter thing,but if you think its not right ,advise accordingly have you spoken to the manufacturer? they have overall say in if its correct

Mickie I've just blown up what you've ringed and all I can see is snow!snow.jpg Must have been a mare to find!

there is something in BS5400-1 about not positioning a flue where it can get blocked by snow or leaves, or it is in 5400-2 for vents (haha cant remember) had a hard day today so it isnt jumping out at me, didnt actually have a hard day, i was at the honeywell factory doing their control course, which was quite interesting, for all the time i have used honeywell zone valves, i learned something today, "how do you quickly tell if the head of the zone valve is removable?" a wee clue, you can tell even in poor light if you can reach the valve

its been these bad winters for sure, its quite an old boiler and i dont think they've had problems in the past..

got to be NCS being room sealed

British Standards and manufacturer's instructions can only give guidance on the minimum required distances. So with this situation, engineering judgement should be used as this situation, shows that although it may meet BS5440 part 1, it clearly from your experience does not reach a satisfactory solution.

there is something in BS5400-1 about not positioning a flue where it can get blocked by snow or leaves, or it is in 5400-2 for vents (haha cant remember) had a hard day today so it isnt jumping out at me, didnt actually have a hard day, i was at the honeywell factory doing their control course, which was quite interesting, for all the time i have used honeywell zone valves, i learned something today, "how do you quickly tell if the head of the zone valve is removable?" a wee clue, you can tell even in poor light if you can reach the valve

The removable ones have a round lump sticking out.

As for the flue. If installing a new boiler, I wouldnt position the flue there due to the experience of the current one. As for what to do with the current one, leave it and ncs it unless the customer wants it moved

The removable ones have a round lump sticking out.

As for the flue. If installing a new boiler, I wouldnt position the flue there due to the experience of the current one. As for what to do with the current one, leave it and ncs it unless the customer wants it moved

well done that man, i have fitted these for donkeys years and only learned that yesterday

how about i fit a air switch ? ooh wait.. haha

water did not enter the flue and the flue doesnt show sighns of corrosion, obviously i wouldnt fit a new flue in the same place..

Yer could install an avalanch roof over the flue to ensure that the snow does not block the flue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to location of flue outlet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock