Search the forum,

Discuss Loading unit flow rate Vs simultaneous use flow rate in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Do any one know why flow rate given by loading units calculation doesn't match for simultaneous use?

I believe it's because they assume you will rarely if ever have all the outlets running at full blast all at the same time.

A bit like how sparkies can sometimes get away with using a smaller cable for a given number of socket because they don't need to account for a 3 bar electric fire running on every socket on a ring even though it's theoretically possible to do so.

There's a word for that but it totally escapes me right now.

Reply to Loading unit flow rate Vs simultaneous use flow rate in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was looking into a problem with flow rate in my bathroom. A bit confused with how flow rate, water pressure, pipe length, and difference in height all interact. I found this very useful online calculator to assist. Do a google for "flow-rate-calculator" at copely dot com. It is a free...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the cause. I would like a flow rate of about 12L/min. Here is my set-up: Standard gas boiler (not a combi) in the kitchen, have cold water tanks in the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Hi, Non-professional / knowledgeable person here. I'm a Brit in Romania who volunteers for a charity building an old peoples home for needy old people. Out here competence and integrity is harder to come by in a worker, in fact it's hard to find workers at all where we are in the countryside...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've had a WB 8000 35kw boiler installed today and was searching through some websites which talked about range rating your boiler and/or turning down the flow temperature to save on cost. I spoke to the engineer that installed it and he advised against rage rating saying that having 17...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a question related to NHBC flow rate standards. Does this standard apply when using a flow regulator? I have a new building without sufficient water flow while using the outlets simultaneously. But the builder insists that it is according to NHBC guidelines and the low flow is because...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock