Search the forum,

Discuss Legionella bacteria, how long should an infrequently used shower be run for. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

student plumber

I do some cleaning and twice a week a shower gets a thorough cleaning.

But if it doesn't get used, I run both the hot and cold for a couple minutes each, just to make sure the pipes are flushed through and there's no standing water in either.

There are other water outlets nearby, showers, sinks and toilets.

It's just to make sure of the individual pipes going to this one shower, it comes from the same place as the others.

I just wanted to check is a couple minutes each enough.

We run safety showers for 20 mins i guess its the same for domestic .

As my college teacher said "Stop worrying about legionella!" ......ok

Apparently the Germans store thier water @ 45 deg as thats the temp thats needed, why heat water only to add cold water to it is thier argument .they dont seem to have any problems???

I reckon the Germans not heating their water to 60 deg (45 deg won't take as long) is linked to getting their towels out on the beach earlier. Of course I might be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Legionella bacteria, how long should an infrequently used shower be run for. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock