Search the forum,

Discuss Leaving wood pellet boiler off for long period in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Is it ok to leave a wood pellet boiler off for a long period e.g. a year or more? I'm concerned about posible condensation/corrosion. The system has about double the recommended minimum level of Fernox in the water so corrosion from within should not be an issue. I can remove the entire burner assembly and the ash pan so that air can pass freely up through the boiler to the flue, keeping it swept with fresh air. The boiler is within the garage, not outside.

I wouldn’t as things might not turn back on eg pumps, fans and pcb

Yea once a month I would do and full clean out afterwards as the ash sets like concrete

Reply to Leaving wood pellet boiler off for long period in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm hoping for some suggestions as to where I go next in my endless mission to stop my system taking on air. The house has a gravity fed system, 'S' plan, Heat only boiler supplying CH & HW, with separate F&E and vent just before the pump in the typical H layout, pump & valves are all...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have a Firebird Enviromax external oil boiler, it has a Riello RDB2.2 C26 burner which keeps locking out. It has been an ongoing problem, where I've had to call my local guy several times. He gets it going, but it doesn't stay working for long. Its costing me a fortune for his time...
Replies
Views
schubes18
S
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical, carpentry it's been never ending. The house was built by Barratt Homes in the year 2000, it is a 3 bedroom house called a Palmerston, the CH/HW system is a Y...
Replies
Views
Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I have had a few quotes and been given lots of differing advice, this always makes me wary, especially having suffered a history of poor quality work by...
Replies
Views
I'm hoping for a bit of advice. We are in the process of renovating an old house and as part of that work we are upgrading the old 1980s boiler and gravity fed system with a new boiler and unvented cylinder. I got a load of quotes, went for a guy we thought seemed ok and checked that he was...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock