Search the forum,

Discuss leaky tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dnash20

Hi all, 2nd message of the day

Ive got a pillar tap in my kitchen which is leaking constantly. Ive dismantled it to check the seals etc and they look in good condition so i think may the tap is at fault or maybe the pressure if to high? When both taps r fully off i get a trickle of water coming out and if i turn the hot and cold tap on very slightly i end up with a drip. Any suggestions or tips?

Sounds as though they may need reseating. You can buy a reseating tool that cuts the brass seating inside the tap to make the surface that the washer sits on smooth.

They are usually about a tenner. But if the taps are cheap or can be easily taken out it may be cheaper to get a new pair. Ask at your local Plumbers merchants not the sheds, they can be quite dear.

Hi all, 2nd message of the day

Ive got a pillar tap in my kitchen which is leaking constantly. Ive dismantled it to check the seals etc and they look in good condition so i think may the tap is at fault or maybe the pressure if to high? When both taps r fully off i get a trickle of water coming out and if i turn the hot and cold tap on very slightly i end up with a drip. Any suggestions or tips?

real world answer is new taps most taps are cheap enough now i rarely even change a washer now taps are fecked before the washer wears out
in the bad old days getting taps ouy could be a nightmare now there easy to change so more cost effective to change
only time i overhaul taps now is if there exspensive or a nightmare to remove

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to leaky tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock